Saturday, October 14, 2023

This is a new customer, her name is Debbie.



Okay, yes, we are retired. Not really. It seems like every time we have some slow time. We get our wind and ready to go back to work. 
Well, this is Debbie's house. Her and her hubby live here since her dad passed. But she called me and asked if we could do some work projects for her. Sure, let's go and see what is needed. 
The shed was our first job. Thinking how hard can this be? She told us that there were some doors in the back of it. I told her sure, Okay Monday we started. We found out there was over 65 doors in the back of this shed. It took us three trips to the dump. We could only fit 24 doors in the back of the F150. 
Most of the doors were interior doors. Light ones. But near the back of the shed were the heavy ones. Exterior doors. They were the 36" wide and 80" plus. They were so heavy, I got out my saw and cut them up in three pieces. All I know each time we went to the land fill. The weight was around 600 pounds each trip. Avg weight was 25 pounds. So, you cane image what we had to carry to the truck each time. Oh, the worst thing was I told her we would do it for $100. bucks. Plus, land fill charges. 
That day was a long one and boy, we were both very tired and ready to get out of there. 
Oh, she showed us the rest of the work projects that she would like to get done. Told her we would be back the next morning. 


The next day, we came in and emptied the back screen room. Guess where we put everything? That is correct, the back shed. This was pretty much empty after our first day getting rite of the doors. 
Okay emptying the screen room. Okay then need to wash it down. 



Okay we got that done in one day. used the house wash I use on cleaning folks' homes. It really cleaned up pretty good too. Roy used the pressure washer on the sidewalk. It came out great too. The problem was her son sprayed something on the walls to get rid of snails. It turned the walls yellow. So now looking good. and she was very happy how good it turned out. 
Now she is calling someone else in the put down a epoxy coating on the floor. 
I told her we could paint the floor, but after a year or so, it would start peeling up. 
You can see how the painted peeled up here. When they painted this, they didn't use Muriatic Acid on it before painting it. You pour the watered-down acid on the cement and get a push broom and scrub it down and wash it all off.
Folks the reason I know this, back in the 1984. I came down to Florida to start a business.  It was a franchise I could buy into. It is called Color Crown in Tampa area. So, I was trained by my cousin Greg.
He wanted to get his own franchise too. I lived with him and his wife Alice. We worked together for about three weeks and then I got my truck from Bob in Tampa and started painting driveways in Leesburg. That is why I moved to Florida in the first place. Plus, to be closer to my parents. 

Okay, enough about that. So, it is done for now. 


Next project is touching up a paint job another guy did a year ago. He missed some spots and Debbie asked if we could fit that? Sure, Roy did that plus painted the side door on the garage. While I was inside putting new doorknobs on four of them. Okay painting putting up a piece of lattice Infront of the air conditioner. Replacing door locks. Pressure washing the driveway. Oh, we put up three new outside lights. Two in front along the garage. Plus, the side door too. 



We are getting this done and on Tuesday this next week. We will be putting up new fans in the screen room. 
She has two more projects for us to do too. I will share more afterwards. 
Folks I am not sure if you have been keeping up in the news? But everything I see and hear, is looking like our future is not going down the good road of life. 
I have shared a few times about knowing Our Lord Jesus Christ. 
All i can do is tell you He loves you and wants to trust Him and ask Him into your heart and ask forgiveness of your sins. 
That is all you need to do to become a follower of Jesus Christ. It's not what church you go to? It's not who you know. It's nothing to do with what your family believes of not. 
IT'S YOU TRUSTING IN HIM AND ASKING HIM INTO YOUR HEART. 
I just want to see all of you in heaven one of these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeanne saw this place and had to stop.

This restaurant in on Rt. 60 heading from 95 to downtown Vero Beach. Autumn's Crab .  Walked in and sat down. Really kind of quiet for b...