Sunday, May 26, 2024

Well, some days things just not going well.


Last week we had needed four new tires on the Kia. So, we got a great deal at St. Lucie Battery and Tire. After picking the Kia up, we drove back home. I parked the car. The next day we needed to go someplace. But I started the Kia up and started to drive, notice there was not any power steering at all. 
I looked up the hood, noticed the serpentine belt was missing. I looked under the car and saw it hanging there. So, I need to go buy another belt. 
Well, you can see I am ready to rock and roll. I went out and bought the serpentine belt and I already had the tools. 

I went on YouTube and found out what was needed to get the serpentine belt off and how to put it on. Take the wheel off. 
See the gray plastic cover needs be taken off. There are four bolts. 
I got the cover off and went back in went back into the house and watched the video again. I really thought it would be a piece of cake to put back on. 

Here is a picture in from the video. 
Folks I pulled on the wrench over and over again. I tried to put the belt on. 
I tried holding the wrench. BUT that belt would not go on. 
Wire ties really are an extra hand. 


If you go back to the second picture. you would see this long black handle serpentine belt tool. I cut it in half and bolted it together and tried to off the set the handle. But still couldn't get the belt on. 
So, I worked on this for over 6 hours. I even had James come over and see if he could help me.  I decided to just get the old belt on and drive it over to a garage, called Cason Auto Repair. 
Got it there and talked with Damen (owner of the garage) He took it a look at it and told me that the tensioner pully is broke and needs to be replaced. he found out tat I broke more than the tensioner. The plate that holds the tensioner pully is cracked and needs to be replaced too. 
He told me that will be $800.00 for the tensioner and the plate is just as much. Then the labor. Folks I am not sure how I could break all that. 
I am asking for prayer, since this happen. I took my Ranger to get new tire there, at St. Lucie Battery and Tire. They came back and told me that I need a new front end (Rack and Pinion assembly) cost-$937.82. Plus, a Control Arm cost $687.96. Front Struts and Shocks cost $484.80. Then a front wheel alignment cost $99.00. Total is $2,661.65. The labor is figure in there too. Now I am not sure if I shared this earlier. In March, of this year? I had another mechanic Tommy Ray,
 T @R Auto Center. I had a crack in the head gasket or maybe worst, a crack in the head. I tried using Blue Devil Head Gasket Sealer. I did that twice. Once about a year ago. No problem for about 6 months it ran great. Then it started to overheat again. Tried the gasket sealer again. This time is really didn't work. So, I need to replace the engine. It has 217000 miles on it. That cost me $3195.95. Wow, I really was thinking, Tommy tested it all out and he told me it's a good one. Now then I was thinking if I bought a used Ranger, what other problems would I get into? 
Okay I need to get another opinion and see what Damen finds out. 
That is where I need the prayers, maybe he can do it a little cheaper? 
I know My Lord can provide. Thank you for your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...