Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.


When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a good friend (Don) we have been talking about the power going out the old shed. Every time he kept telling me that I might have trouble passing inspection. He was looking up everything he could think of. Like I said, just run the wire and make sure everything is safe. 
I had a circuit breaker 20-amps, I was using that circuit for the Flagpole area out front of the house. During Christmas time I set many up lights and figures of reindeer and the Holy Family plus many more items. Thinking running that wire out 250 feet, is a long way from the power box. So, I switched that wire to the 15-amp breaker on the other side of the electric box. So, now I have 20-amp going all that way out to the old shed. 


Don, was trying to find out about the load on the air conditioner. I went out and bought a meter that reads amps. showing 3.5 amps drawing. He kept asking other questions. 



Okay he found out that running power out to any outside box, needs a GFI breaker. Now this makes sense. You need to think safety and making sure if something gets wet. someone or something can get hurt. So, I bought one and brough it back home and pulled the 20 -amp break out and tried to get the new one in. Okay, do I need to go buy a new electric box plus? 





The guy at Home Depot waited on me earlier that morning (Saturday) he got me one that there were no silver clips coming out of the circuit breaker itself. So, I drove back to Home Depot, and he asked what happen? I brought the old circuit breaker in with me to make sure I got the correct one. 
He looked at and told me that my box is this name, sorry don't remember what name he gave it. 
But he gave me the correct one and got back home and is fixed just right. Hey, I hooked up this white wire to the neutral strip. Went out and turned on the light in the shed. The breaker popped. Okay what is going on? OH, DID I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS? NO, why would I have to do that? 
Folks the sad part is I try something and then read the instructions. 
Okay, what I did wrong was. I left the white on the neutral strip and didn't screw it into the new circuit breaker. It tells you that right in the manual (INSTRUCTIONS).
Well, I removed the white wire from the neutral strip and fastener it to the new breaker. I don't have a picture where to put the wire. But when you look at the new breaker. You will see a silver screw on the bottom, front part of the breaker and that is where the white wire goes. 
All switched around and it works great.  
I just want to say Thank you Don for pushing me to make sure everything is hooked up safely and that brings peace to my soul. 
If you read my blog about hooking up the wire and everything I did around the Sept 14th or so. I even wrote and said that Don was SCARING ME. Because of all his questions. I am very happy he kept texting me about what he was thinking. 
Folks I even wrote about how Don has been there for me when I need some wisdom. 
I THANK MY LORD JESUS CHRIST FOR PUTTING HIM IN MY LIFE. 
I really hope and pray you have someone that you can trust and ask questions and maybe just someone to talk with. 
I was reading this morning 2 Corinthians 3-4
The verses that pooed out were the following. 
4:3-4 If the Good News we preach is VELLED (a thin covering that hides something or stops you from seeing something clearly), from anyone, it is a sign that they are perishing, (4) Satin, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the GOOD NEWS that  is shining upon them. They don't understand the message, we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of GOD. 

Hey, everyone please don't let the world hide Jesus Christ. He is real and ALIVE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...