Monday, July 09, 2007

A Lesson in Love

I saw a homeless vagrant who was dirty as could be.
His clothes were old and smelly, and he wandered aimlessly.

He had a little dog that followed everywhere he went,
And all it needed was a little scratch to be content.

Its love was unconditional, and it was no surprise
To see the man was like a hero in his best friend’s eyes.

He wasn’t judged by how he looked, or what he’d say or do,
And nothing could undo the bond that grew between the two.

It seems that touching such a man would be too hard for me.
I’d feel contaminated by the dirt and filth I’d see.

Yet Jesus loves the vilest sinner that He came to save,
And our good deeds are filthy rags; that’s why His life He gave.

That little dog could teach us all to love unselfishly,
And not to let unpleasant things affect what we should be.

And so I pray that I’ll look past the outward things that show,
And freely share the love of Jesus everywhere I go.

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...