Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years

MI just would like to give everyone update on all that has happen this last year. It has been a road with some bumps and even had some potholes too. Looking back I was still blessed in so many ways. If you have not be keeping up on my blog (http://tombahamasblogspot.com) This is my main way of telling the world all that has happen in my life since I have been here in the Bahamas. Yes I have been here now 6 and half years. I only sign up for 6 months.
I came here with pretty much things in a bag and now I have so much more. Our Lord has given me a change to raise a son here. His name is Kevin Emmanuel Poitier, he is 16 years old. He has been part of my life since I came back in 2005. His sisters and his mom lived next store to me, when I lived across the street of the ALC. So we have had some moments of growing together during those years. He has been living at the Camp with me now since June 2011. Last week I was showing him some picture I took back then. Boy he sure has grown up.
At the ALC some things have changed too. Mark Wallace is now our boss. Pastor Chet and his family are still part of the family, but they went back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at the first part of the year.
We really have not done that much with the new bath house. But as I speak I hear them in the back ground doing some work. That is very good news to hear.
Over all I look back and see our Lord Jesus Christ very much part of all we do here and look forward in seeing this next year (2012).
Oh yes, I have a dog too now. His name is Scooby he was Pastor Chet’s. So you can just image all that has happen. Please if you think of us this Christmas. Please say a prayer or two. We have been blessed by Him and a couple of other people that have taken their time to help in our funds. If you could understand what the cost is to live here? I have now three mouths to feed. Please if you would like to bless us. Contact
Shepherds Staff web site: http://www.shepsstaff.org/schafer.aspx. (4303 my account)
Merry Christmas and have a great News Years too. I LOVE YOU ALL.
If you want to contact us at toms@alcbahamas.org
If you like to see our web page: www.alcbahamas.org
Love Tom and Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...