Friday, December 16, 2011

What is going on with the old bath house

Well last week-end we had some college kids here. During their stay I kept hearing the water pump running on and off. Pastor Ed looked at it and fixed that part. Now the mens urinals kept on running. So we dicided to repair them. Found out that there is a lot more to repair than we first thought. So then thought replace only the urinals water supply. Started doing that and found out there is pipe tied in to other pipes. We went back to the source. So we first put a new valve on the main line. So during the repairs, the guys working on the new bath house will have water, to mix up what they need. Worked great, then while cutting the old lines found out the water was coming in with the old pipe in the wall. So we capped all line that we thought were tried together. Then I went to open the main valve and no water at all. What is going on. So Pastor Ed and I thought we can do this. So I capped more lines and still didn't work. Pastor Ed left to go back home yesterday. So during my time trying to figure this out. I called Mark. So we cut the new valve out. That was okay. Cut the old valve out and found that was closed. HOW. I tried closing that the first time working on the water lines. It didn't close. That is why we put the new valve in. Now I just cut out ALL the old pipes. Ran a new line to the bath house. Now have water. So I thought great. Turned on the water. I heard water running inside the building. What could that be? I found out it was one of the new pipes we put in for the urinal. What happen was while I was bolting down the new pipe I pulled the strap to tight. Broke off at the top. Now this is why we put in new pipe so we would not have to take the old urinals down. Now I have to pull the one down to repair it. Boy Lord I really am not having any fun with this. I thought in maybe two days have all new pipes in and having good flow for the bath house. Today I have to pull the urinal and then finish up the girl's side. It just seem like we can not win. The only reason we are doing all this is. The new bath House will not be ready for CCA (160) kids coming in January 2012. So this is our only bath room for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...