Thursday, February 28, 2019

This was Friday of last week. Feb.22, Reserve Officer's Training Corps. (ROTC) Ball/Dinner


All right tonight is show time. Jeanne and her crew of students have there night to make some fun and let these kids get a taste of cooking and serving others than just the staff and students of the high school here.





You can see we all are having some fun and just helping each other out too. 


I was like the running and set up guy. So coming back from the gym, the floor in one of the hallways was wet. Not knowing I took a nice spill on the floor an broke my flip flops. I know I should have been wearing shoes of some kind. But as I talked about my truck being down. I always have sometime else in the truck like another pair of flip fops or even shoes in there, for emergencies like this one. But I still walked back and forth with a one good flip flop, the other not flipping just flopping. 


The student did a wonderful job serving and working together. It really was heartwarming to see how much Jeanne really do love her students an getting them to work together so well. 







There were six (6) racks of steaks serve. Folks that is some beautiful steak. Earlier Jeanne and I picked these up at Sam's Club. Weight was 71# and cost was $440.??But at the end all went well. 



These are the young ladies that were over seeing the set up and over all making sure all is good.
 Laura and my friend Jeanne (Chef Jeanne) 


Hey look I was even dressed to serve and do what ever was needed in the kitchen or out in the gym. 
At the end pretty much everyone was pooped and not looking forward in cleaning up. 
But a few of the students stayed to clean as much as they could. But at the end Jeanne and I didn't leave here until after midnight. Plus there still a lot more to do too. 
The next day we went back and cleaned up a little more. 
Over all I was very blessed to work along side of her an her students were very nice willing to do what ever was needed to make this evening a success. 
All Jeanne and I can say is PRAISE HIM AN BRING GLORY TO HIS NAME. 
Now if you have been looking at my blog just before this. Well her mom ended up in the ICU at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center of Fort Pierce. 
Well her momma had a couple of operations. Sad part is on Saturday evening she was pulled off life support. 
So by His grace the ball for ROTC was finished and Jeanne could spend as much time as she wanted by her momma bedside. 
Jeanne is a strong young lady and she knows that her momma is with Jesus Christ as I know I will be too, one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...