Sunday, August 20, 2023

On Sunday Aug 13, we took a ride south, Fort Lauderdale.


Okay let me start out with who is who? This is Kevin on the left, Jessie. 
Jessie is Jeanne's niece. She came from Indiana to get away for a while. So, she has been staying with us since, 1st of Aug. Or so?  She is planning on moving down this way in a couple of days. 
Okay now who is Kevin? Well, while I was living in the Bahamas. Kevin was my neighbor. He has 5 sisters, and his mom was a single woman. So, I took Kevin under my wing to help her out, plus, he needed a father in his life. So, he became my son during those 9 years I lived there. I gave him his own bedroom and we shared everything else. Okay why is he here? Well, he came with his mom and a couple of his nieces and nephew, to visit Fort Lauderdale. Meanwhile he called me and told me what was happening. So, after church, Sunday. Jessie, Jeanne and I drove down here and picked him up at the hotel they were staying at. We hung out all day and just trying to get caught up. plus letting Jeanne and Jessie get to know him. So, we stooped at this pizza place on Las Olas Blvd. 





Had an okay lunch there. It really was not as good as the pictures show. But we ate and moved on. 


Drove over to the beach area. I dropped them off in front of The Beach Place. I was going to find a place to park. I stopped at one place, $32.00+ to park 4 hours. NO WAY. Found a parking garage, $20.00 all day parking. I didn't have the cash to park there. Drove south next to the Elbow Room. (bar). If you have seen many Spring Break Movies, around 70 to the 90's The Elbow Room has been in many of them. 






Where I parked was many blocks away. BUT I ONLY PAID $4.00 AN HOUR TO PARK THERE. Now that was a deal for me, it was worth the walking. I paid for 2. 5 hours= $10.00.


The famous Elbow Room (bar). 


I found Jeanne, Jessie and Kevin near the Elbow Room. Buying a cup of fruit. So, we walked around a while, and we heard some loud music. Thinking this place reminds me of Senor Frogs, back in Nassau, Bahamas. Wow same set up. Dancing line of people, drinking fancy drink. Most people really having some fun. But while walking by this place. I was explaining to Jeanne and Jessie, how I took a group of 50 + 8the graders in the one in Nassau, Bahamas. Okay what happen was, I have been living in Nassau for a couple of months. Not really knowing downtown. I would see the large green frog out front of the restaurant and say, wow, this would be a nice place to bring kids too. You would have to be there, to understand what is looked like. They had this big chair to take pictures at. Plus, loud music playing. To me it was for children. BUT I WAS WRONG, BIG TIME. So, I thought this would be great for the 8th graders. 
We walked in and sat, ordered our food. Then the party stated. There was some dancing going on, a Congo line. With young people drinking and dancing. Then someone yelled, free shots. So, during all this, I went up to the pastor's table and told them we could leave, if they wanted to. 
They told me, the food is ordered, and we will eat and get out then. 
Long story short, we ate and left. We got back on our bus, and I stood up in front of the bus and told everyone, I was sorry for what happen. About the Senor Frogs. 
Okay back to this story. We walked around a lot of places. Just looking and seeing the sites down here in Fort Lauderdale Beach. 



See this guy on the bicycle, well Jeanne a I were pretty tried, and she asked if we should ask for a ride back to the car? 




So, I walked over to ask him, how much to get a ride to our parking lot? $20.00. Sure, that sounds great. Plus, I looked at my watch and saw we only had 10 minutes left on our meter. 


We all piled on and took a ride. I was a little nervous, but we got there with no problem at all. I even gave him a tip too. 



Okay our time here was winding down. We asked Kevin's mom if it would be okay for him to come back to our home and stay for a couple of days. 
No problem at all. We piled in the car and heading back home. 


You can see we pretty much used up the whole day, for a little trip. 
Got home and explained the plan for the next day. 
It sure was nice to have Jeanne, Jessie to meet Kevin and just get to know him a little more. 
So, our time was very special. 
It really was a nice day and enjoyable too. 
Thank you, Lord, for this time and safely kept us safe while driving south and back home again. 
I am so blessed to have a wonderful wife and having her hang out with us today. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before we left for our vacation, I needed to clear out some branches.

This is alongside of our property. It's Chris's land. He is Jeanne's cousin. He lives in Akasaka.  So, Jeanne asked if we could ...