Friday, August 04, 2023

So, how has your summer been? Ours was a good time.



We have been going out on the boat many times. But every time, we have water in the bow of the boat. 
So, I went out and bought a 7" raiser hitch. To help raise the boat itself. 



Here I have taken it off of the hitch and see how high we need to raise the supports. Thinking how can we do it? All the supports are welded aluminum. So, if they were bolted on I could do it. But we went to a trailer repair shop in town here. Meltra Trailers. Talked with a guy, he told us that we need to take it back to where we got it and asked them to reweld the supports? So, Jeanne called the manufacturer, (Amera Trail Trailers). She told the young lady there what we are dealing with. So, the young lady talked with the boss. Afterwards Jeanne talked with him, and he told her to bring it in and see what they can do? 



Okay we might have a solution. We drove to Saint Cloud. It was about an hour and half ride. As we were pulling in, Jeanne noticed how much gas we used to get there. We started out with 3/4 full gas tank. Now our light is on saying empty. Okay we got gas later on. Now we are here at Amera Trail Trailers. 
Walked and found Mark one of the mangers there. He is the one Jeanne talked with about our problem. 
He came out and looked and told us what he thinks will happen. They will cut the supports and put higher one on. Then reweld them all. 
While I am writing this, Jeanne got a call from Amera Trail Trailers, and they told her to come and pick it up. All fixed and ready to go. No cost for the repair. Now to me that is service, three years ago, we picked this trailer up and they repaired it at NO COST TO US. 
There is one problem, one of the trailer tires has a nail in it. We have the lock for the spare tire. No problem, they will fix it when we get there. She told them on Monday coming, we will be there after school. Now that was a great blessing for us, thinking how much will this cost US? 
DONE NO CHARGE. Thank you Lord. 




Mark gave us a tour of the place. I asked if I can. take pictures? he said sure. But there is a machine he told us, we could not see. I guess it is the computer for setting up the plans for the building of the trailers? 


They build about 100 trailers a week. They build all of Freedom Boat manufacturers. Plus, Pruse and Mavrick Boats. So they have been doing this for many years. The one that designs the trailer. He worked here for over 30 years and retired a year and half ago. So that is where Mark came into the picture. He loves his job and the people there too. 
As we were walking around, he was telling us, they can build pretty much anything you like. 
It really was neat to see and how it is a assembly line. 
VERY IMPRESSIVE. 



Mark told us to drop the boat off and they will get a lift truck and pick it up and move it after we leave,



This really was well planned out and very impressive. 
So, I guess Monday we will be heading to Saint Cloud and picking up our new, remolded trailer. 
I know my baby is very happy now and we should be relief about no more water in the bow. 
Okay folks it is Friday, so what do you all have planned for this weekend? 
I am not sure yet what I little girl wants to do. But I know I will be taking pictures of something. 
I hope and pray that you get a chance to hear God's Word and He speaks to you too. 
Love to hear your stores. Plus, would like to hear from you about what you think about this blog? 
E mail me at tombahamas7@gmail.com
Thank you again for checking it out. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...