Saturday, August 17, 2024

Last week on Aug. 7th I got a call telling me the new shed is coming in today.


These few pictures here are the ones I sent to Stephanie, (works at Smithbilt Sheds) The reason is I wanted to make sure the trees are going to clear the top and sides of the new shed? 





Mandel and Juan showed up with the new shed. I was asking Mandel if everything is, okay? He said no problem. So, they brought the shed in and ran along the fence line and got it to the front of the 16-foot gates. 



I had the gates open and ready for them. Meanwhile they got lined up and back it into the area I had flags to drop it. 









We measured both from the back of the shed to the fence line (15-feet) and then from the side of the shed to the back fence line (40-feet) It looked great. They did have to turn a little. To line up. 


Then Mandel (green shirt) was checking out level of the shed. Meanwhile Juan was digging holes for the anchors. 



They got it leveled and looking great. Center bubble. Juan got all the anchors in. I paid the balance of the bill. Said our goodbyes and they drove off. 
Okay now I called for an inspection. He was coming out on Aug. 13. Now I have been doing a job across the street. Repairing duct work. My phone ringer was off. The inspector called me twice. I didn't hear it. He came and left. I called him back and asked if he could come back the next day? I had to call the main office and make another appointment. The next day they will send another inspector out. 


He came out and passed the shed, BUT NOT THE ANCHORS. You can see what he wrote on the permit. 




I went back and checked out how they anchored it down. You can see they put 4 anchors on both sides. 


e

Okay now what do I need to do? I called Scott (Smithbilt salesman) He told me that he will coming out and see what is wrong. Which he did and dropped off these plans at our front door. 
On Aug. 16th I went over to the main office for permits and talked with a young lady there and just asked her. What is the ruling on anchors? She didn't know. So, she went in back and got her boss. he came out and asked me to come on in and see what is going on? 
He was telling me that any building wider than 20 feet need anchor every 4-foot center. 
Okay my building is only 12 foot wide. Another guy (Micheal) came in and told me the same thing. Now I had to explain my building 12 FOOT WIDE. Oh, the problem is on the specs they don't have length. JUST WIDTH. So, Micheal asked for my phone and marked where the anchors are needed. 


I think I understand what they are saying. It's not just the width. BUT THE LENGHT TOO. 
So, the width is on all sides. 
If you look after they put the other anchors in there are already 8 anchors in the ground. afterwards there will be another 8 more anchors. WOW, 16 anchors to keep this build holding down. 
Okay yesterday I drove to the Smithbilt office here in Fort Pierce. Mandel was there and Scott was somewhere else today. I was telling Mandel what the inspector wants, I showed him his picture above. 
He called the main office in Auburndale, Florida. That is in the middle of the state. About 3 hours away. I talked with Stephanie, and she told me that they will fix the anchors. Great thank you. 
Then later yesterday I got this from her a text. She wrote I just got confirmation from Smithbilt industries that what the inspector is asking for is not necessary. 
Stephanie is requesting a letter to send over to your inspector to resolve the issue. 
Folks, I am not sure how this is all going to work out and NOT. My question is, Does Smithbilt know what Port Saint Lucie specs? 
I think the problem is They need to say on all plan's WIDTH ON ALL SIDES. OR WIDTH/LENGTH. 
    Okay enough about that. Today I read Acts 17-18. 
Chapter 18 verse 9-10
One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, "Don't be afraid! Speak out! Don't be silent! For I am with you, and no one will harm you because many people here in this city belong to me" 
Folks we are on this earth to share God's Word and don't be afraid. Please trust HIM. 



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...