Sunday, August 18, 2024

On Friday afternoon I went over to look at Debbie's duct work.




Debbie was sitting in her recliner (downstairs) and noticed a few water droppings fell on her head. See looked up and saw water marks on her ceiling and noticed the water dripping down. I think this all happen on Thursday evening. She had one of her sons put sheet pans under the duct work. Trying to stop the water from coming thru the ceiling. 
I told Debbie I would be back on Tuesday morning. Monday was the first day of school for the students and I wanted to make sure my little girl is all set. Do the final walk around and make sure the classroom and kitchen are ready for them. I spent most of Monday helping out at the school. 
Afterwards I went to Home Depot to see what I need to repair Debbie's duct work. I bought about $150.00 worth of things. 
Okay it's Tuesday morning and I got up there. (7:40am) I brought a battery fan and boards to lay on and try to make it as easy as I could to do this job and help me not get to overheated. The temps outside are averaging 93 +. Then up in the attic is running 110 + 


You can see I got the boards in place and ready to pull the old fiberglass off and clean it up. 


Try to make it easier I got some rope and wrapped it around the duct work. Took a piece of lumber and use some leverage. It's all tied up and ready. Plus, this will help with the condensation that might be in the duct water to run down the line. 


Used a can of spray foam and then started wrapping the window and door sealer tape around the duct work. 


I noticed the condensation was starting up again. I went downstairs and talked with Dave (hubby) and Debbie. Telling them the tape I am using is not doing what I thought it would. Asking, do you really think after I get the tape on and put the insulation on the condensation will stop? Debbie told me that she believes it will. That she has been looking things up online about the problem. I told her that I have too. Thinking the tape would help stop some of it? Okay back upstairs I go. I finished the wrapping of the tape and called it a day. Boy I was sweating like crazy. I drank 4 bottles of water while up there. Plus, two cokes too.  



While I was working on running the tape along. My foot slipped and push thru the ceiling. 


I had my foot resting on the one raft and slipped off. I told Debbie what happened. 
I went home and took a shower and just chilled until I needed to pick up Jeanne at school. That was around 3pm. 



I asked Jeanne and drive to school this morning, and I followed her there and helped her get ready again for school. 
I left her around 7:20am. I got to Debbie home. She told me the day before that I can start as early has I want. She left the side door open for me and just come on in and get it going. 
I started at the bend, knowing that would be the hardest part to get the insulation around there and plus I used a lot of aluminum duct work tape to seal in all the edges.  


I sealed in the can foam too with that tape too. Trying to cut off any medal that was exposed to the heat. As I was winding down to get it done. I noticed that there was no condensation on the insulation. 


I am going to leave the boards in place. For the next guy that will be removing all the duct work and replacing it this fall. Even those guys have limits. She called a couple of her family members that do air conditioning work. They told her to wait until fall when it's cooler. 
That is why she called me to do the job. No one else wanted to go up there and do anything with it. 
So, she told me that she will have the duct work replaced this FALL. 
Just a note, two years ago, we had our duct work replaced. It was over 60 years old. But I do remember the guys that came out told us that they will be back in the fall or even wintertime. 
Which they did come out and replaced it all. 

Okay one more thing to do before I leave. I took the pieces of ceiling tile and put a couple of pieces of lumber up on top of the tile and screwed it in. This way the pieces will stay in place. Then I got some drywall putty and patched it. I did talk with Debbie before I did this and asked what she thought about me pieces it together. This is out in her garage. Afterwards I asked her to come and look. She told me it would be okay. 
Well, folks I am not sure how crazy this was for me to do this in the temps I was telling you before. But at the end Debbie was very happy and thanked me a couple of times for doing the job. I did get paid very good too. Just because it kicked my butt, and I am 72 years old and I should have more sense. 

Today I read Acts 21-22 chapters. 
The verses that popped out to me were. 21:10 to 12 
 After we had been there a number of days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea.
11 Coming over to us, he took Paul’s belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, “The Holy Spirit says, ‘In this way the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.’ ”
12 When we heard this, we and the people there pleaded with Paul not to go up to Jerusalem.
13 Then Paul answered, “Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”
14 When he would not be dissuaded, we gave up and said, “The Lord’s will be done.”

Folks how many times we hear God's Word but say MAYBE NOT FOR ME???? 
I look back at 2005. The Lord was telling me to go to Bahamas, Adventure Learning Centre. It took me about 3 weeks to get ready to go. But I did go, and it was great times and some bad times. I lived there for 9 years. I believed I worked and got burned out. The sad part was I really didn't want to come back to the states. Even in my will I wrote I will die here and leave everything I own to ALC. 
But plains got changed. I was burned out and I needed to walk away. Which I did and I did go back a few times to help out and just visited with family and friends. So, if God is telling you to do something. Please do it. 
Prayerfully these next months or so. Jeanne and I will be going back over to the Bahamas. To visit and just show her as much as I can. 
Oh, I do miss being there. It is so beautiful and peaceful. Plus, I am looking forward in seeing my friends. 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...