Friday, September 24, 2010

The cost sometimes

The pictures you see below are of drilling out 9 holes to repair the Camp fence. Just to share a little story. Last week, Tim and I used the John Deere to clear out the old cement and rocks along the Camp fence that was distored a couple of weeks ago. During that time we blew a hole in a hyd hose, (back hoe)I went down and had a new hose made, cost $87.00. So then Tuesday I got it all back together. Runs great. That afternoon I hooked up the drill on it. Tried it out, one of the two small hoses that control; the drill head blew. I went down and got four new fittings. Instead of hoses I am using fitting. Cost was $89.00 plus had to buy Hyd oil too, $72.00. Never will blow again. It ran great again. Driving over to the Camp the motor dead. Dirty fuel, cleaned it out and filed the tank. Runs again. Got to the Camp and drilled out 9 holes. Done. So sometimes using old machines can be a pain. But in the end I don't have any sore hands from digging the holes plus they are deep enough. Today Ed and Harri will be putting cement in the holes to hold the poles up. I need to go get feed and things for next week work list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...