Thursday, August 18, 2022

The week before school opened up, (August 5th) they had a Open House for all of the students and parents.

 



This is my little girls' table. You can see we had Ice Tea and cookies. The little pig is sitting in a frying pan. He is the bacon we cook. See the red clothes, that is our fire under the pans. It really was a good turn out. I think we baked the whole case of Snickerdools. I had to make up two more batches of ice tea too. 



The Football Cheerleaders, did their show out in the court yard. 








As I walked back and forth to the kitchen and back, I was taking different pictures of what was going on. 




 I was walking thru here about eight times to get back into the Culinary area. Here (Cafeteria) was the place to sign up for your classes you might want this year? 
The open house went well. I know at the end I was very tried walking back and forth. 
But at the end it was worth our time. The students enjoyed the cookies and I guess was were the only ones handing out anything to drink. I know we went thru all of it, pretty much. 
Well today is Aug 18th and school has been open now for two weeks, almost. 
Jeanne has been very busy trying to get this new year starting up correct and with some fun too. Like today I went in and helped get the morning started, she had two students in there ready to make scramble eggs and omelets too. Jeanne always try to get students to come in earlier in the morning to be part of the Breakfast Club. On odd days, we make breakfast sandwiches for the teaches that want a hot and fresh croissant with bacon or sausage plus cheese. For $3.50. Or get a some grits with cheese. for $2.00. Plus we sell muffins and bagels and cream cheese and other items folks like. 
We sell these things so Jeanne will have funds in her account to but other foods and thing so the kids can cook and learn how to. 
So this Breakfast Club is here to help us make up the sandwiches and clean up afterwards too. This way the kitchen is ready for the first class to come in and do something. 
Overall Jeanne main idea is to show these students how to cook and serve and just be able to learn what happens in a restaurant and other facilities, alike. Plus she is teaching the program called ServSafe. This is a program that each and every restaurant needs to have ad least one staff that has passed it to keep the kitchen open. The students get to study for the test and take practice test too. 
I think she is planning on giving out the test for certification five to six times this year. The reason, the students really want to pass this and be able to get the certification. This passed Summer the ones that make up the test for ServSafe have lowered the score to 70 to pass. It has been 75 for many years and I guess they just want to help the students to get this under their belt before graduate from high school. 

I am listening to Christian music, The song that is playing now is PRAISE THE LORD. Folks we all need to call on to Our Lord for help and praise HIM too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...