Tuesday, July 25, 2023

I have some great news; this job is completed.


Roy and I started this job on Wednesday, July 19th. We were hoping to finish up on Friday of last week. But the problems have been adding up. Painting has been the big problem. 
Okay this door is a closet door, replaced for the bathroom door. Roy painted it twice and looking much better. We hung up and it would not close. 


So, I asked Roy to sand this door down. He started sanding it and it just was not getting the job done. We tried hanging the door again. But still need to cut off 1/4" So, that the picture above. We put blue tape. Then I marked it off 1/4" Got the circular saw (Ryobi) Before we started, I asked the Lord to help cut this. It came out nice. Thank you, Lord. 



No big gabs or uneven cut. I think it looks great myself. 


Now this screen door was already on here. So, we had to take it down to take the old door frame out and put in the new one. After putting it back in, just would not line up. So, we put some pieces of shims and used that piece of the door I cut earlier. It lines up now. After many tries. 


This is the new door between the screen room and laundry room. There was a big gap in between the new door and the screen door. So, Roy drove over to Home Depot. Bought spray foam. He sprayed in the gap. Then let it expand. Now Roy took a razor blade and cut off. So, now I can put 1/2-quart round molding. 




This door is now working great and looks good too. 


the screen door is working great. 


This is the front door of the house. Roy has painted this three times and still need a couple of more. 



Took off three screens and replace them. Plus making everything look nice. 




Roy ended up painting this door, both side four times. Looking back, Connie and Butch wanted to buy a new door and just get rite of this one. But now looks great and saved them about $1000.00. Buy a new one ran for about $1200.00. 
Folks Roy and I made a few bucks doing all this work. Just think, we charged $150. for new door. Replaced two new ones. $75.00 each screen (3). $150.00 to make the front door looks great. Put in a bifold doors, for a closet. $50.00, Put up the other closet door for the bathroom (laundry room) There was a few other jobs to get done too. 
Long story short, we each made $400. labor. 
So, now this job it is done, and I promised Jeanne that we would be going out in the boat, until she goes back to work, Aug 3rd. School opens up on Aug 10th. So tomorrow we will be going out and try to get some fish. 
I talked with Bob and Faye yesterday. Both sound upbeat. But I know Faye was getting tired. It was so nice to hear their voices. 
If you look back into my blog, you will see many stories about how Faye and Bob helped us so much at the ALC. They were a God sent. 
So please pray for her and just ask that His peace is on them. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...