Sunday, July 09, 2023

On Thursday we started working at Roy's home.


Roy and I talked on the phone about trimming some branches in his back yard. So I loaded up my two saws. Tree trimmer and a Sawzall. Thinking he had a couple of branches and a piece of cake??? Got there and saw many more branches than I thought there would be. Oh. well, we need to clear them off the roof and getting up on the roof. 


I got up there and told Roy, we need to clean this roof before we can coat it? So, this day all we did was cut branches and load them up and take them to the land fill. 




Just a side note, while cutting the branches down, we must have hit the Disk Dish. The reason was this evening Roy's TV didn't work? He called them and the guy came out the next day and replaced it. 



So, afterwards we got the yard cleaned up and ready to wash the roof off. So, while out we got some more house cleaning wash. Came back after three runs to the land fill. Plus, a stop at Home Depot. 
So looking back and talking with a few people, found out that the tempos hit 94 degrees today and it will be the same tomorrow. Crazy that we have been up on this roof for most of the day. Thinking wow, why is a 70 years (Roy) and 71 years old (myself) that would volunteer (NO PAY) to go up on a roof while it is this hot and do this work??? 
Okay we cleaned the roof twice, then left the last soap up on the roof to work during the night. Hoping it will get rite of the mildew????


I got back to Roy's place around 8am. Okay we need to rinse off the roof of all the soap and whatever comes off. While waiting for the water to evaporate. We ran over to McDonalds for some breakfast. Got back and got the sealer up there and will get this done today. 
We are trying a new brand of sealer. It is called Henry's, I have never heard of them before, except for taring roofs. Oh well, let us give it a shot. Maybe this works better than what we have used before. 
We have been using Gardner Roof Sealer. The price is about the same. $95.00 of 5 gallons. 


Roy painted the out skirts. and I started on the south side and worked all the way back to the ladder. 
Okay we took a 10 minute break. BOY IT SURE HOT UP HERE. 







I got the middle done and Roy work on the sides to give them a double coating. 


Coming to the end of the roof. Thank you, Jesus. It was HOT UP THERE? How could we in our right minds do this job??? Oh, Roy's roof is leaking and trying to save him from paying for a new roof? Price these days for a mobile home roof is going for $10,000. About four years ago, his brother Richy, paid $6,800.00 for the same roof. 


Okay prayerfully this will last for a few years???? Boy we were both very tried. We sat for about half hour to get our heads on straight again. Now we need to go over to Roy's sister's home Ruthy. They have a water valve leaking under the sink. 


Okay, thinking a piece of cake??? NOT. I broke the pipe at the T. I didn't bring any plumbing tools. Just have a couple of channel locks and tried to unscrew the valve and screw in a new one? So had to buy a pipe cutter and glue and a T. The pipe cutter cost $23.00. CRAZY. I own two of them back at home and not worth the trip to go back and get the cutting tool. So his sister bought me a new pipe cutter, plus glue. 


Okay got it back together and NO LEAKS, PRAISE YOU LORD. 
Folk at the end of the day, I felt very tired and ready to take a shower and go to bed. But I got home and got cleaned up and had a very relaxing evening. 
BUT Saturday morning it coming? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...