Sunday, December 09, 2007

NEWS LETTER FROM BAHAMAS

News from Tom Schafer of the Bahamas

It sure has been a great year so far! We have been having many groups come in at the Camp. They have been such a blessing to our little island here. If you have been keeping up with my blog, you have seen most of what they have been working on. The group that was here during the beginning of November did puppet shows and dramas for twelve different schools here. Then before them this group came in and cleaned and painted at the All Saints AIDS Camp. Then before them, groups had work at two different Haitian churches, painting and repair of ceiling, and they poured a slab and even put up a wall of block. So you can see that people have been coming to help others. Now I need help from you all for our projects that we have been working on now for almost three years. One of them is the bath house. When I got here we cleared the land and started laying block. Then a storm called Katrina came into the lower parts of the states and every since then the groups that plan on coming here have felt they needed to work there, which I understand. But we are still trying to run a Camp and the needs are very great. So at this time I am respectfully inviting you all to pray and see if God puts us on your heart for helping us with our projects here. There is one more project that has been work on now for 4 years. Both of our cottages have roofs on them now. The inside is still in great need to finish before our next Patmos students come in. These will serve as the new dorms. If you want to see pictures on this, check out my blog and back in September 2007 you can see how far we are.

So please folks take the time to pray and see if God has something for you to do here. Thank you and I hope to see you during the Christmas time at Calvary. I will be there December 16-27. Thank you, Tom

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...