Friday, August 17, 2012

I had a wonderful day yesterday, went half way around the island of Nassau





Thursday morning I left my place around 9am. Started out riding from ALC to Goodman Bay. Then rode on to down town Nassau. You can see I took a lot of pictures. It is so neat to see the way I do as I ride. Plus you can see how the cars like to come close to you while riding a 18 speed bicycle. It sometimes get a little scarey. The reason is drivers are not always watching out for you. One example yesterday. Getting ready to enter a round about. The girl didn't look my way. If I didn't stop. she would have rode over the top of me.
From Goodman Bay, riding down Bay Street, seeing the stores and the New Straw market, plus a horse cart too. Then going along you can see Paradise Island on your left. Then Potter's Cay. I stopped at Harbor Bay Shopping Centre for a sub at Bahamas's Sub Shop. From there went in the area of Fort Montagu, pass the fish vendors along Eastern Road and Village. You get going along and just enjoy the sites of the homes and the shore lines. Got all the way out to Eastern Point, around the the corner of McPherson's Bend. There is a lovely cove there, where Bahamians go swimming. Now you are on Yamacraw road. Still riding along you can see the Fox Hill Prison on your right hand side. Just keep on going and now I was on Joe Farrington Road. Now in Sea Breeze. Looking a map I see there is no road signs, so I call this area Pinewood. I am getting closer home, about three miles away.
I got back home in 2 hours and 20 minutes. It was a great time to pray and ask God different questions. I was ready to lay down and take a nap after all that. I have checked out how many miles this ride is, 26.5 miles. I was hopping to go the other way this morning, but the leggs are some what sore. Maybe next week?
So please take a minute and check out the pictures below. It really is a nice ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are here in Orlando.

It took us about hour and half to get here. My baby was asked to come here and take a few classes. It is over seen by Rosen Collage. We didn...