Sunday, March 22, 2015

As I have been looking at condos, just trying to find more money


This is a class I signed up for a couple of weeks ago, on line. It is Urban League Broward County. It is a organization that helps people with getting jobs,cars and even homes. So I went to see what it was all about. I got there and asked one of the ladies if I should even be there. Knowing I have a job and make pretty good money too, With Social Security and working at Calvary. They said please stay and see what they have to offer. So during the first hour they both took turns explaining who they were and why they do what they do. 







This was my ticket to be part of this class. 


Then, like I said before about a hour later, they asked all of us to read this and sign it and they will keep on going with the class. One of the ladies asked if any one wants to stop at this point , no problem. I read over this letter of commitment and said, sorry this is not for me. The reason is I know how to save and have all my bills paid for and even own a truck. I just wanted to find about if they help with a mortgage? Which they do, but I would have to take all these classes and then have to meet with a coach and go from there. I really thought about it and thought there are many more people out there that can use their money better than I could. I left and that is that. 
There was 6 others in the room there. One was trying to refinance her home. Another just wanted to buy a car for work. I did have a chance to hear their stories and I was move to know these people are hurting. One neat story was, the older woman that was trying to refinance her home. She told me about how her son bought a house back three year, with the help of Urban League. He was 23 years old and his kid will own it in 27 years. I really love hearing stories about the children of the future really understand how to save and buy smart. At that age I was just thinking about how to make money and better ways of spending it. Will not go into details. Just dumb stuff. 


They even show you how to budget your money too. Which, if you look back in this blog. You can see a class I have been taking at Calvary. Financial Peace University. Dave Ramsey. It really is a great class on how to save and spend wisely. I really wish when I was much younger, I wish I could have taken this class. But as it is I am in it now and walking away learning many things about different ways of saving your money. I will be in that class today at 1 pm. That is when I take my lunch and sit in there and try to walk away with more knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...