Thursday, July 14, 2022

Ever hear of Shark Bite Fittings, used for plumbing?


Well Roy and I have a job to do, Looking at it and trying to figure out how to do it? 



We don't usually work on copper pipe. The reason is, once we cut the copper pipe, no turning back, if we can't fix it, then we call in a lumber. 
The night before that was going thru my mind. What if the Shark Bite doesn't hold? 


Well we talked about it a couple of times to make sure, we know what we are doing? I marked the copper pipe where the Shark Bite needs to line up. 







Well it worked great. Everything lined up and snap in correctly. There was a small leaker on the left side. The reason was as we tighten the fitting in on the other side, it pulled the copper pipe, just enough to have a small leak. Very easy to fit, just turning the water off loosen the fitting in it the shower area. Pulled the pipe out towards me and snap the Shark Bite into place. Turned the water on and all is well. 


The cardboard is up there to stop the caulk from coming thru. You can see the small bolts that holds the fixture in place. That was what we needed to back off to let the copper pipe come back towards me. 
But look how nice that looks. Roy and I were both very happy how it all worked out. 


We needed to make the door way a little bigger to get my fat butt in there. 


I am very happy, how nice this turning out and would use Shark Bites Fittings, AGAIN. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...