Sunday, July 24, 2022

On Saturday evening after the memorial, Bonita, Jeanne and I headed back to Winter Haven.


We got back into town here and stopped to get a dinner. So while sitting here, we talked about, thing s that have been going on in our lives. Afterwards I know I was ready for some sleep. We got back to Bonita' home and crashed. 
I know these next couple of days were very hard to keep pushing. But we have things to do before we head back home. Got a good night of rest and Jeanne and I went to McDonald's and had some breakfast and now we are ready to rock and roll. NOT REALLY? 




You can see there are many branches need to be trimmed and taken away. So Jeanne was not feeling to good that morning, So I let her stay inside and hang out with Bonita. 


Got the truck loaded up and drove over to the office at Bonita's park. Talked with the manager and she told me where to pile all of our branches up. She even gave e a small map to make sure I was in the correct area. Which I dropped them where she told me. meanwhile a guy came out of his home, next to where I was told to pile the branches up. He was telling me, the truck that comes to pick this up, Their bucket is on the side of the truck, not on the back like most bucket trucks are made. So I asked him where should I put the piles? He told me right on the corner of the road, the truck and come and pick it up with no trouble at all. 



Well you can see the pile in back is the one I first dropped off. Before dropping this here. I talked to the owner of this lot, Richard was his name. He told me it would be okay to pile the branches there. He said everyone put their piles there. I told him Thank you and I will try to keep it piled high. Which I did. 



You can see how nice and clean it looks now. I think it took me 6 trips to get all these branches out of here.















Next project, cleaning off the roofs. 





Afterwards we all called it a day. I am not sure what we ate this evening, but I know I was out of it by 8pm. Bedtime. 


This is Monday morning, 4th of July. I got up and walked over to the pool area and did my devotion and had a chance to talk with one of the members here, at the park. Really was nice guy, but I forgot his name. 


Hey their pool and area around here is very nice. 


Meanwhile Jeanne pulled up in the truck and we went to McDonald's for breakfast. 




Now I will try to blow off the roof, the leaves and what ever else is up here. Blow to the ground and rake it up. I started using Bonita's blower. It is electric but very small. So Jim across the street, was watching me try to get it done. He told me, wait a minute,  He had something a lot stronger. He got out his gas power blower and it was powerful. 
At the end it did a great job. I know it looked a lot better than before. Then I needed to rake them all up, too. Put them in bags and thru them in the back of the truck. Took them over to the pile. 


While at McDonald's, we talked about the neighbor down the road from Bonita's house. We talked with them for a little while, on Sunday afternoon. She was saying that the palm tree in front of Bonita's has needed some trimming for many years. Are we going to do it? I think I told the lady, we will be back in 6 months and take care of it? 
So Jeanne and I talked and  came up with a plan to trim that palm tree. I know I was running on  no gas in me. I just finished raking up all the leaves and branches. So Jeanne told me that she would do it. 
Which I tried at first, but I let her do it. I was tried and worn out. 




I think we had three loads of branches from that palm tree? 



Our last load, Praise The Lord. 



We piled everything as high as we could. Got back to Bonita' home and took a shower and said our good byes and started heading home ourselves. 
I am not sure how long it took, all I know I was soar and ready for our bed. 
We stopped on the way and got a bite to eat and got home safely and in good time too. 
It sure nice to visit and see family and do those tings. But I am very grateful to have a wife that is willing to help trim tree and clean it up and just be along side of me. 


I think we came home and had was our 4th Of July, eating hot dogs. I am very blessed to have Jeanne in my life, she really does try to work along side of me and help me. 
That fan that is blowing on me, here. Jake (Jeanne's son) gave this to me for Christmas present. 
It works great and I enjoyed just laying around at this time. 
Thank you everyone that has serviced and others that have given up their lives for this country. We are very blessed to have such a great nation an know that Our Lord is right along side of us. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...