Saturday, July 30, 2022

Roy and I had a couple of jobs to get done.



We first started at Eugene's repair. Above this window there is some water damage. Eugene told us that he has not seen any dampness or even felt wet at all. So we told me, that was can replace some of the wood around the window and no guarantees. 



So we took down the damaged paneling and replace it with new. Eugene was very happy and even gave us a nice tip too. Now this next job is a friend of his, Betty. He wanted to go over to her home with us, but I I told him we were going to get some breakfast at Roy's sister's home, in the park here. Which we did. Plus I did tell Betty we would not be by her house until after 11am. Eugene's job only took us 20 minutes. 
Okay we have soe food in our bellies and ready to tackle another water damaged paneling. 


Now this looks like it will be a lot bigger job than I planned on. But we told Betty the same, no guarantees. If there is water damage afterwards, sorry. We didn't come in to repair the leaks. Just to replace the panleing and make it look good too. 


Now this is some bad rot. So we started taking out all the damaged wood and see what we will need to do here. 


Okay now the rest of the wood is not rotting out all the way. So we got out what we thought would make this happen.


We got the studs back in place. This is just something to hold the paneling in place. 


We bought s couple of cans of foam and Roy sprayed it around and tried to put where it is needed. 
Now we got the paneling up above the window. Roy finished working on caulking it all in and I went over to the other water damaged area. 





Pulled down all the water damged paneling and found out, there really was no leaks behind the paneling. Not really sure where the water damage came from. Behind here is bone dry and didn't even see any water damaged there. Nothing from the roof or the floor. The paneling was all bubbled up and damaged. 


This the first project we started on. Well Roy caulked everything in and looking good. 


Then we came over here and Roy caulked this all in too. Betty was very happy and we walked away, with a few bucks in our pockets too. 
Prayerfully in a couple of weeks, we will be able to get some more jobs. 
Right now I am still hurting from the manipulate. We did this work the week before I had is done. 
Over all I am very happy that we could help these folks out and looking forward in helping others down the road. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We in Orlando area still. driving towards Pensacola, Florida.

Not sure where I got the gas at.  I know it was a 7/11 gas station. I have their app. I saved (i think $.20 a gallon)  This was our hotel fo...