Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Well, prayerfully this is my last time here, at Lawnwood Hospital.


Here I am one more time, (LAST ONE) 
Okay what is going on? I had my knee replacement on May 5th 2022. During my time in the hospital, we had a little trouble, bleeding in the incision. Doctor looked at and cleaned it up and put a new Band-Aid on it.  He sent me home and told us, if there is any more bleeding, to call him at home. 
Okay this was Mother Days, May 8th. I think he called us and asked how it was going? Told him seems like more blood? He told us he would be by our home around 4:30pm that evening. Which he came out an took a look. Pulled the old Band-aid off and saw how it was leaking a little. 



He put in three new staples and put the band aid back on and let see what happens next? We went in May 12nd and he looked and decided to go back in and cut it up an see where it is bleeding from. 
Okay I went back in and he did open it back up and found it was the inside stiches. leaking. 
All is fixed now. But I will not be able to do any therapy until 10 day after this. Plus he put a brace on my left knee so I can not bend it and open the incision. Okay I started therapy, Home Care. June 2nd. She came twice. Meanwhile we left for Winter haven and then to Sarasota, Florida. While there I walked up and down stairs and went to the pool and walked up and down. Plus I even tried the bike in the gym at the hotel. 
We got back and I saw Dr. Stanton and I gave him a 90 degree bend and he told me to keep it up.
Plus I started doing therapy at Premier Therapy. They worked me hard. Pushing on the knee and trying to bend it more each time I came in. I talked to Halley there at Premier and she told me, it is going to be a hard road. Maybe we should think about having Manipulation Surgery? So I called Dr. Standon and we set it up for July 26th (today) He looked at my knee, yesterday and told me what he was going to do and what might happen to?   So this morning I went into the Outpatient at Lawnwood,  this morning 6am. 
Got checked in and now waiting to do this Manipulation. Doctor Standon came in told us what will happen. Then he marked my left knee and told me all is well. 




You can see how swollen the knee is. The next picture is my right knee. Not as bad. 
Now what is Manipulation Surgery? 
A noninvasive procedure to treat chronic pain unmanageable by other methods.
MUA is designed not only to relieve pain but also to break up excessive scar tissue. takes 15 to 40 minutes. Typically noticeable improvements in range of motion and pain is immediately noticed.  


Everyone came in and told us what each person was doing. Which then I had to sign my life away. But I trust Dr. Standon and I know who is really doing the work, MY LORD JESUS CHRIST. Jeanne and I prayer and kissed and I was on my way into the Operating  Room. They asked me to switch beds and then the drugs came an I was out. 
I woke up in the recovering room and my nurse was very nice to me and asked how I was doing? I told her, my left knee is still numb. She told me the block will wear off in a couple of hours. I sat up and talked to Dr. Standon and he told me, he didn't' bend my knee has much as he wanted. But said the scare tissue is broken up a little and therapy should be able to get me to 122 degrees or more, (bend) 
Okay at 4pm I will be going to therapy and let us see what happens. 
Hey I praise my Lord for all He is doing and I am going to keep on bending as much as I can. 
Thank you Lord and look forward in a full recovery. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...