Sunday, July 17, 2022

I am trying to get caught up on our trip to the west coast of Florida. Trip started on June 17th.


Okay our first day traveling to Winter Haven. We went and spent some time with my cousin Bonita. Then we stayed at a Budget Inn, in Winter Haven. The reason we didn't stay at her home, she had some things that needed to get done, so I told her don't worry we have a place find a place to stay. 


Her is a room, great looking???? Not really. 


But my baby knew how to make the room a little cooler. That is correct 62 degrees. 
Got up and got something to eat and then headed back over to Bonita' s home. 





We did come to spend a little time with her, but we needed to help her out  too. Just like normal mobile home parks have rules. Just like were I use to live, you get a letter and they are asking to get this or that done. The reason is they all have rules and I understand that. So Bonita has a couple of items that are needed to get cleaned up, she has been having a lot of trouble with her back and legs. So she really can't get much done when she is out there. So we told her we are here to help her out. Which this is the big project, cleaning up her oak tree in front of her home. Jeanne pretty did most of the trimming this day. Remember I had knee surgery, a little while ago. May 2nd then set back. May 19 back into the operating  room. I had some trouble with a bleeding. Nothing to worry about, they just wanted to make sure there was no infection in the wound. All is good now, but I am so far behind in my therapy. I could not bend my knee for those 17 days. 
Okay back to trimming the oak tree, we cleaned up some of it, but we needed to get over to the west coast by Monday 20 of June. We will be back to finish up. 
We drove over to Largo, on Saturday afternoon and spent some time with Greg, Bonita's brother, my cousin too. 


We got to Greg's and spent the night and got up the next morning and talked about meeting Debbie and Jon, my cousins for lunch. While sitting around, Greg got a phone call from, Debbie and Jon. Their  daughter  and family, were on on vacation up in northern Florida and Any, had trouble breathing. while in the river swimming. There was doctor and nurse on the shore where they were. Amy passed away. They were not sure if she had a heart attack or what. But now Debbie and Jon are devastate. Their daughter passed away and how could this happen? What happen? Many questions and no answers. 
So this was a very sad day for our family. Greg, Jeanne and I went over to Amy's home and just tried to comfort them all. Just trying to understand WHY? We came back to Greg's house and we needed to head south to our hotel in Sarasota. Need to be there to check into our hotel. 


On our way we stopped this place call the Pie Factory. My baby enjoy tasty other pastry. 




Not really to impressed. But we got on the road again and headed west to Clearwater. 


We didn't plan on stopping anywhere, I just wanted to show Jeanne Clearwater. So we just took a nice drive along the coast there.











Then we headed south. Got on 275 and we are on our way. Got to Sarasota and checked in. This is the same place we stayed last year about this same time. 


Hey this is our old room. The last time here this is where we stayed. #329. That sure is funny. 
Folks I know there has been a tragedy in my family, but we still are on vacation. 



I didn't take these pictures until we were about ready to come home. But this is where we stayed. very nice room. 
Okay this is still Monday evening, so time to grab a bite. My baby and I really did enjoy our time here at the Ford's Garage, last year. 








We ordered some onion rings. WOW, this is kind a neat? 


Their hamburgers are great, too. 
These next pictures are going to the restroom. Yes this is worth the trip. 





Okay had a wonderful dinner and headed back to our hotel. 


We got back to the hotel and checking out the pool area. Yes there are children every where around this area. It is okay, we will be back the next evening and get into the pool. 
Well folks a lot going and I am just trying to share all that is going back then. 
I know today is July 17th Sunday. So we will get caught in the next week or so. 
Thank you for checking my blog and I would love to hear from you at tombahamas7@gmail.com 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...