Saturday, January 21, 2023

About a month or so, Jeanne asked me if we could trim the large mango tree.


This is the largest mango tree in our back yard, we trimmed. Boy we started trimming and ended up trimming four large branches. Now the reason for trimming it was, so the mango tree can produce many more mangos. 
I think about two years ago, right after we moved here. Jeanne read something about, how to get your mango tree to produce more fruit. So back then this tree was not producing any fruit. So, she read that if you take a baseball bat and hit the trunk with it and it will product more fruit. Believe it worked the first year here. Then she read about trimming a large branch up inside the tree will help too.  


Last week I finished cleaning up the branches and all the leaves. 
This is the mess I needed to clean up. Okay Mango wood is not to be used to cook with. Jeanne is the one that told, me this. I guess it is the sap is not good to eat??? 



Boy I used a Sawzall. It was a lot of work, but worth every minute. I love cleaning our back yard up. 
So I used the wheelbarrow to bring it over to the fire pit. This was the first load. The next couple of loads, I put into trash can. This way we can save it and use it for the fire pit. 


The next cool evening we will come out here and hang out and just enjoy the coolest of the air. 
We are so blessed to be able to just enjoy life. 
It is hard to believe but today is already the 21st of January 2023. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...