Sunday, January 22, 2023

I I really am trying to get caught up on my blog. This happened on January 16th, 2023. This is Martin Luther King Day.


Jeanne and I got up early this morning (5am.) to start our fire. On Sunday afternoon we set up the grill to be ready for today. I have written about this grill chain. What we do is start on the righthand side of the grill and using charcoal. Put 3 briquettes along the whole bottom of the grill. Then put two more on top of them. Going all the way around the grill (fire pit) Then Jenne loves to put Apple or Peacan wood blocks on top to get the smokey favor. Plus, there is a pan of water under the meat itself. This keeps the meat moist and tender. 
Looking on the top here, we are smoking Three (3) racks of pork ribs, there is eight (8) hot sausages and then, Jake brought over some fish, he told us what kind, but I am not sure at this time. So, we should have a nice feast. 

Okay now Jeanne made a fire in our small pit. Here we will feed the fire with more wood and briquettes. The reason is sometime the fire chain is not enough heat to get up to 220 degrees.


Now this is the fire box on the side of the grill. Here is where we add more pieces of wood or briquettes. 
I guess they call this the smoker?



You can see we are doing great. They are almost ready to be wrapped in foil and put back on the grill. 


After she wrapped them, set them on the side to finish cooking. This was just a piece of fish that was not quite ready to take of the fire, yet. 


We are ready to dig in and have a great meal. 


This is our old friends, Doyle and his lovely wife. There was Jake and his girlfriend Jan. Jan's daughter and her boyfriend came to enjoy our small feast. Plus, Jan invited another friend, (forgot his name) 
So, we had a full house for our great feast. 
At the end I think everyone enjoyed the good food and the company too. As Doyle and his wife are up in age, Jeanne and I spent most of our time with them. The kids kept their company.  They had plenty to eat and drink. So, they spent most of the time in the screen room. As us older folks sat outside and ate, then noticed Doyle seamed, to be getting cold. So, Jeanne and I came back in and sat in the livingroom with them. 
Our time was very nice to get to know them and just hang out. 
It all went very well. Jake and his friends cleaned the dishes and made our lives a lot easier. So, Jeanne and I had a time to relax and enjoy the company and when it was time to go, pretty much everyone left at the same time. That was very nice too. This way, Jeanne and I could just enjoy the evening and go to bed with nothing to worry about the next day, which it was a workday for both of us. 
Overall, it all turned out great. Had some food left over and the house is somewhat straighten out. 
As it turned out, yesterday Saturday 22nd, Jeanne and I finished up the ribs and sausages, plus had some beans and corn to enjoy last night for our dinner. 


This is the older two sit recliner sofa, we gave to the church thrift store. 



I think this was November 8th, 2022. Badcock delivered our new sofa and recliner. 
So, I cleaned up under it and made room for our new ones. 



I looked at all we got and thought all is well.? But Jeanne started looking at the recliner about a week later and noticed the back of it was not straight across on the top. 




Today Jeanne and I will be going back to Badcock Funiture Store to look at their recliners.
So, if you look on the top of the back, you can see it is not even across the top at all. I talked to the store manger and they told us on Dec 20th they would send a guy out to look at and let us know what they can do for us. Jeanne and I were hoping to get a refund, and all will be well.   
But, the guy came out and looked and took some pictures and told me that they would let us know what they will do for us. 
Not sure when, I just know it was after the Christmas break and New Years. I went over to the store on Jan 3rd. (I think) and talked with the manger and told us they will replace it or let us get something else. 
So, a couple of days ago, Jeanne and I went there and looked around. Found a dark brown leather recliner there, we both liked it and left and talked about it. 
So last night before we went to bed, talked some more about it. She told me today (Sunday 22nd) we would go back and look again. 
So prayerfully today will make a decision on it and get it exchanged this next week. 
All I know I just don't want to wait too long, they might change their minds? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...