Tuesday, January 06, 2015

This is some of the stuff I get to work on.


This door handle is one that doesn't bonce back up.


This is Josh. he is drilling out a old lock system. This had a broken off key in it and he is trying to save the handle. Well after a little while the lock fell out. Now replace the handle on the door. See my job has different things about it. Josh has been showing and teaching me how to make keys and locks. If you have ever been to Calvary. You can see we have many of our doors still have locks on them. They have put up pass points at the main entrances. But still there are locks and keys everywhere. It is kind of neat to learn new things, but sometimes it is harder for a old man too learn new stuff?
As of yesterday, I had to repin a two (2) locks. As doing it, I forgot to let the top pins drop out before I put the new ones in. So trying to push the key in the lock, doesn't work. The reason too many pins are now in the lock itself. So guess what? The lock is garbage now. There is no way to get the pins out now. There are springs pushing down n the pins. This is the third one I have had to throw away.
 Many this job is not my cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...