Monday, September 14, 2020

On Thursday afternoon, WE CLOSED ON OUR NEW HOME.


Well folks I would have never thought I would be buying another house? But Jeanne and I talked it over and said WHY NOT???
Okay let me back up a little. Jeanne sold both of the properties on McNeil and Happiness. I wrote about it when it happen. So now we have a few bucks to invest into her mom's home. Jeanne has been talking about this for the last year or so. The reason is, her mom passed away a year ago Feb. At the time we didn't have any money to be able to even think about buying Mo ma's house. 
So as I said in the title, WE CLOSED ON IT (HOUSE) THURSDAY AFTERNOON. 
Okay one more short story. Back about a month or so, we had a hurricane coming this way. It was nothing to worry about. But her sister that lives here in Fort Pierce was concern. So she decided to hire her hubby company to put up the hurricane shutters. The sad part is we told her we would help if we believe the storm was a threat to the house. 
I guess she could not wait on our help. So she paid them $550.00 to put up the shutters.
 That is $34.37 FOR EACH WINDOW. I just could not believe it. 
Then after the threat, Jeanne asked her to have them take them down, before closing day. She told Jeanne NO, that is our responsible. 
Okay so Friday we had a painting crew coming in to repaint the whole inside. I took down the shutter. This way they have day light and better lighting. 


Mean while I was checking the work they did pulling up the shutters. JUNK, there is NO REASON FOR THEIR WORKMEN SHIP. 




Then while taking them down I heard a roster crow. What in the world is he doing over there? I text the owner, Chris, (Jeanne's cousin) He text back and said he didn't have one. Oh well, maybe down the road the roster will fly over in our yard? 



Okay I started at 7:45 am. 






Got them all down in hour and 10 minutes. 


This is Andrew, Andy father in law. He was spray painting the ceilings. 


I picked up all the shutters and laid them behind the barn. It took me about the same time as it did to take them down. So at the end say 3 hours in total. THAT IS $183.33 AN HOUR, PAID????? CRAZY.



Sorry to say I had to open up a few frogs homes while taking them down. 
Okay the shutters are all down and now I need to replace bolts that didn't have any. Then repair the holes that were wallowed out.  
All repair and ready for the next storm that comes this way, prayerfully this years storms are DONE. 
Hey it is okay I remember WHO IS IN CONTROL. That is correct HE IS, JESUS CHRIST MY LORD. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...