Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Replacing a bad toilet with another bad one. Not bad but cheap one.



I think this is the one Ted bought at Lowes. Hey I always like American Standard products. But you get what you pay for. 





Only problem this toilet had was, IT LEAKS UNDER THE TANK. Okay so as we were talking with Ted (owner) I asked him to buy a Delta Turner Toilet. You can see it below. 
He told me that this will okay!!!
I told him we could have the same problem, leaking under the tank?? 



Had to replace the water valve too. 


This is the American Standard Toilet ($119.00) 
See the leak coming out of the top. I showed it to Ted (owner) Really can't do much with it. Replace the guts????? NOT. 


These are the two bolts that are leaking. I tighten them as much as I could. Still leaking. I drained the tank out. Pulled the bolts out and put silicone in the bolt hole and after putting the bolts and nuts on sealed the top too. 


Okay got the new toilet in and it leaks under the tank, plus the guts inside leak too. Not a good thing at all. 






This is the toilet I tell folks to buy. Or I will go get it for them. most the time they say get what is the best. 
Okay now we did seal in the bolts. Told Ted not to use it until after 24 hours. Wanting to have the silicone set up and dry. 
So we put this in on Monday morning, it took us 3 hours to walk away and say prayerfully it is good. 
The Delta toilet usually takes about hour, most 90 minutes. That is rare. 
So please folks if you are replacing a toilet.
PLEASE SPEND A EXTRA BUCK OR TWO AND SAVE YOURSELF THE HEAD ACHE. 
So how is your week going so far??? 
Yesterday and today (Wednesday) we worked on Roy's home. I will share some pictures in a few days. 
I just wanted to get this out there and share some wisdom. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...