Monday, July 15, 2024

Time to do some work in the back yard.


You can see how happy I am. A project we have been talking about for a month or so. 
Building two new 8-foot gates for this area. 


I went down to Home Depot and spent a few bucks. The biggest cost was the 10-foot 3/8" fence post. I needed three (3) of them. To start the gates. Plus, other parts like the corner pieces. 








Okay I wired tied the chain link fence in place that will stay there. The piece in between will be cut out, 16 feet. This area I am cutting out is a little bigger than the shed we are buying to put back here. The guy that sold us the shed needs 14 feet, ad least. The funny part about talking with him was. I was just thinking of pulling the fence down and putting it back up. He was saying maybe cut the fence out and put in two gates? Wow, Jeanne and I really ever thought about that. Great idea. I will be bring things in to empty the other sheds we have been renting. 
So, we measured out two pieces of fencing to cut out. It's 16-foot area. After I get the chain link fence out, I will be pulling out that center post  




I wired tied both sides of the area I am cutting out. 




Pulled out the post. It was not too hard to do. There was some cement around the post to hold it in place. I went back to Home Depot to buy two bags of cement to put around the post holding up the gates. 



This was the top rail going along the chain link fence. I need this to finish up the gates. 




I noticed I got the wrong frame hinges; I ordered the 1 3/8" the frame hinges need to be 1 5/8" 




See the gate post are 1 3/8" the fence post are 1 5/8" So, Home Depot or Lowes or anyone around the area don't have them. I ordered them from Amazon. They will be here in a couple of days. 
I did spray paint the gates and hardware. Looking pretty good, I think. 



The hinges came in and I put them on.  Had to do some leveling here and there. The wheels are on too. 
I had them inspected by the county. They all passed and wrote them off on our list. It's kind of funny. Jeanne and I have been down to the county office for our permits on this shed, ad least four time. I would never think that gates would need to have a permit??? But the county wants to make sure everything looks good, and they get their cut too. Jeanne asked, on the permit to inspect the gates I built last year on the side of the house too. They passed too. 
Well, the next project I have is pulling out the dead orange trees and lime tree. 

Well, folks I am asking for your prayers, for my wife, Jeanne. She is thinking about Jake's birthday coming up August 1st. We will be settling up a couple of tents at the cemetery on that day. Jeanne wants to celebrate his life by making sandwiches and other items that Jake loved to eat. We are inviting family and friends for lunch that day. So, it is getting closer each day. Please keep her in your prayers.  
James 5:13. Are any among you suffering? They should keep on praying about it. And those who have reason to be thankful should continually sing praises to the Lord. 
This were the verse that came to me to help my little girl during this time. 
Hey, each day we have something that we will deal with. We all need His help. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...