Thursday, March 16, 2017

Okay, have another project happening, Steps into the home.



As I have been living here now for 9 months, I walk up on these pieces of cement each day. They did their job until two days ago. 
Now they are waiting for a better home. 


This project really started on Monday and it took three days to finish. 



The first steps we worked on were the ones coming out of the sliding glass doors, in the dinning room. Roy and I drove over to the land fill and dropped them off there. The two steps and supports weight was just a little over 100 pounds. The only reason I know that was, the land fill charges by the pound. It only cost me $3.00 for the first set of steps. The other two my neighbor Brenda wants the steps to do a little project in her front yard, with flowers and other things. So the four supports are out front for the trash man. Now if he doesn't take them, we will be going to the land fill again. 


This is Roy, one of my neighbors. He had built steps before, so he called the shots. Looking pretty good so far. 




The hand railing turned out to be a little problem. I could not find the spindle holders for the bottom. So we bought these small pieces of brackets and tried them. It really was not that strong. So we tried L brackets next. Still not as strong as you need for a hand rail. 




Then after we finished for the day. Roy came over after wards and told me he thinks he has a better way. So yesterday we cut out holes for the spindles and sled them along side the stringers (supports) 
They really came out much better then I thought. strong and looking much better too. 

We built these steps on Tuesday. Really came out really nice too. The hand railing is strong and you can see we just put the spindles on the out side of the steps. 
The last one I will write about tomorrow. 
They are really looking great and strong. 
Hey folks I am not getting any younger and I am thinking of my future. One of these days these hand railing will be needed to get ME in an out of my home. 
Praise Him for wisdom and friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...