Sunday, March 12, 2017

What do I do at Winn-Dixie?


Well for yesterday, I came in and I saw the water piles were low side. So I grab a couple of pallets of water and refill the them. 


It really is kinda of a fun job. I get to use my upper body, NOT my knees. That is what kills me the most. When I am stocking shelves on the bottom, I can get down and do it. But getting up is what hurts the most. I even lean on the shelving itself to get me back up. 




Now look and see how the pallets come in. They are all mixed up. What I am trying to say is. There are 14 A/B isles, which equals 28 isles and when they are not sorted to the isles. 


For last night a example. One pallet had paper items, mixed with pop. Plus mixed in can veggies. So what my job is, to sort everything by isles. (department) 
Look at these pallets here, all sorted out. 
Last night had 1400 cases to sort out. It took me most of the night. But at the end I look on and say, what  great work out!!!


These are the guys that face the isles during the night. That is what I hired to do at first. Hours for that shift is 4pm to 10pm. Then I got switched to stocking the shelves. Those were crazy hours, 4 am to 10am. Those put a hurting on me. I would go to bed at 8pm and get up at 3am. Be at work at 4am. Then work until the stock was up. Then most times come home and take a nap. 
That is where my knees really started to kill me. Like I said, getting down no problem. GETTING UP PROBLEM. Good thing the shelves are built pretty strong. 
Okay why is everyone standing around here. well last at 10 pm the manger got a call that the freezer in back is shutting down. That means, problem time. So we had to empty out the whole back freezer out and put in the meat locker in back.  


I know you can not read this. But it reads 51 degrees. Operating temp is 29 to 33. 
by God's grace we were still here and got everything out and put back in the meat locker.
Hey still was a great evening and I was ready for bed. 
Oh I got home and thought, I need to turn my clock forward? 
Which I did and it is SPRING now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...