Saturday, November 26, 2022

On Nov. 12th we took a ride to Saint Cloud, Florida. In the middle of the state


We were driving along an it really started looking like we were lost? But Jeanne put the address in the GPS and she said don't worry we are going correctly. 


We pulled in someone's farm. No signs or even the name of the owner of the farm. We found it and talked with the owner and he just said drive down this dirt road and see the fields. So we parked our car and walked, I hopped to the fields. You can see Jeanne is way down this row. Meanwhile others came and went. I yelled out to Jeanne and asked if she would like a bag instead of the plastic box they gave her. The reason I said this is I saw others carrying bags, instead of the boxes. After I yelled, another woman that was closer to me, yelled back, thank you any way honey, I will be okay. Now that was very funny. 






After her picking a full box of peas. we walked, I hopped, back to the car and drove to where everyone was hanging out at. 


You cans see we had a wait a couple of minutes before we could shuck our pods. 


This is the pail she used to pick her peas. 




You dump the pods in here and the purple peas come out the bottom. You can see some on the floor. The plastic dish on top needs to be put under the machine. I think she picked like 16 pounds of pods. At the end we had 9 pounds of shuck peas. Jeanne was so happy to get fresh peas. Plus she gave half of the to her niece, Michael. We climbed back into the car and headed to the east coast. 






There sure was some pretty shots of scenery. . 


You can see this is a one lane only. You don't see this to often.



This is a tall fire outlook. 
We kept on driving and enjoying the views. 
We are heading to a restaurant on the east side of Florida. Titusville. I will share tomorrow or the next day. It is so nice to just climb the car and drive to different places. I am very blessed for having a wife that loves to try different things. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...