Saturday, May 06, 2023

Took on a big job?


First of all, Kelly (one of the owners) She asked us to move the light above, to the center of the old medicine cabinet. Which I cut out the paneling. We did have enough 14 gauge wire in the wall. 
So just had to pull it out and bend it around the 2x2 Had to cut a small piece out of the lumber. So, the piece I cut, would fit over it. 


The guy before us, took out a linen closet. So, Roy had some fixing up. Put spackle in the holes and make it look good. 


While Roy worked on the bathroom. I need to put together the two side vanities. 
Then I heard, s---??? I came in and saw the hot side of the CPVC pipe was broken off under the floor. So now what? We ran out and tried to turn off the main water valve. WHERE IS IT?? I found the hot water valve running off the water heater. That shut it off. PRAISE YOU LORD. 
Okay, we need to find the main valve before we do anything else on those pipes??? 
We asked the neighbor next store, Tony came over and told us, not sure. We found a 4x4 piece of medal screwed under the skirting. I took it off. Nothing there. Okay I guess we will wait on doing anything else. But we do need to fix the hot side pipe. Went back outside and took off the skirting where the bathroom window is. Had to dig the skirting out. Got it off. Then I climbed under to see where the main beam that it the frame for the mobile home. Looked and saw no room for my fat butt to get to it. 
Roy and I talked about it and figured out, MAYBE, we can cut the floor out and repair the pipe??? 




That is what we did, just need to be careful with the old pipes. I got to it and cut the old pipe and glued the new one back on. It was very hard to get into the old pipe and not break something else. Really was not my plan at all. Started making me think, WHY would I take on this job?
  Maybe this is our last bathroom work? I don't deal good with stress anymore. But by God's grace we got it back together and no leaks. 




Okay we will just keep going, trying to make this a good day afterwards. 
Open the box and found this panel cracked. I just figured we would put this on the right-side vanity. This you will not see. 



There are sure a lot more parts than I excepted. But after 2 + hours I got the first side done. 
Thinking I need to add a little more time to this job alone. 
I will take the other one home and work there and maybe not think about the broken pipe anymore? 




Roy kick, some butt. It really was looking good. 


Okay got home, this is Wednesday night now. It still took me about three hours to put this one together. 
I am really thinking WHY, am I doing this anymore? 
Stress is not helping me. 

This is Thursday morning. Okay Roy is working on in the bathroom and I will but together this futon. 
There are two sets of legs. Okay I texted Kelly a picture of them. 
She told me the short ones. 






Now what do I need to do about this? The person that put this together was, maybe had a few drinks? 
They used a screw gun, Wrong to use on this cheat furniture. It might cost a lot, but in the end, it is still cheat, stuff. 
I need to take this all apart and redo it. Wow, this was not planned, either? 
Okay cut a piece of paneling to fit into the hole we made. 

It pretty good. The vanity will go right over this.


Okay let us turn the water off now, before we do anything else. Roy turned as far as he could. I got a small pilers and tried to turn it a little more. It started leaking??? WHY? O open the valve back up and left it alone. We are done with the pipes. 
STRESS NOT NEEDED. 





Put new modeling up next to the ceiling to make it look great. Then put the light up. Very good. We are done here, in the bathroom. 



I didn't take any pictures of the front door lock. But I put it in and used the code the paper told me to. 
I will let the sisters put in their code. That was another $75.00 that we didn't plan on doing. 
 I did take pictures before we left. 

Okay I texted Dee, telling her we have a problem with the shut off of the main water.
I drove back home and will come back later on tonight.  So, I drove back to her home around 6pm or so. I walked around showing her all we did and then showed her the main valve that will not shut off. 
Oh, I asked if she would like us to take away the trash out front, plus the sofa. The garbage cans were left full of the old vanity plus. We didn't take out.  So, I told her $75.00 to take it to the landfill. 
The went over the labor bill, then the supplies I bought too. 

Each job we did I put a price next to. Then went over the supply parts I bought. 
Came up with $657.00. I told her all we did that didn't plan on. 

Then I gave here Mike the plumper, his number and told her how to go to the office and ask them to dig up the main valve near the street. So, they could shut the line off. 



Oh, yesterday Roy and I loaded up the truck and went to the landfill. To drop off. 
Afterwards we went over to another house to look at some work, 
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? 
 
This shouldn't be too bad? All we need to do is replace a 2x4 piece of drywall. The go out back and clean up the yard. Take some trash away. 
There is a piece of 12" molding we need to replace too. 

WHAT???? 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...