Tuesday, May 30, 2023

We found a friend on Memeorial Day.


We needed some things from the store. So, as we were driving back home. Jeanne saw this turtle getting ready to cross Edwards Road. I really didn't see him right away. But we pulled over and to see what we can do to help this little fellow out. 
I picked him or her, carrying him or her to find the stream he or she came from. 
There they are working on the road there. So there really is no stream or creek that we could see. 
Jeanne asked if we should take him or her to the White City Park? Great idea honey. So, we put him or her in the back of our SUV. While driving to the park, we kept hearing scratching sounds. Jeanne told me, hope he is still in the crate? 





I put him or her down. He or she was scared. So, we waited a couple of minutes. No movement. 



Got him or her closer to the water edge. 


Then he or she could see or smell the water and ran for it. This is a better place for him or her. There is all kinds of animals. As we were driving off, we saw a couple of alligators laying in the water. They were small ones. 
Thinking, he or she has a heavy shell and he or she has lived this long, he or she will be okay. 
As we got back home it is time to start our fire for smoking some ribs, chickens and some Ballpark Franks, (all beef) on the grill. I will share those pictures tomorrow or so. 
I really hope and pray you had a wonderful Memeorial Week-end.
We did, just hanging around the house and relaxing and cooking. 
I should say Jeanne was cooking. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...