Wednesday, May 31, 2023

What did we do on Memeorial Day?



Okay today is our day to do some BARBECUE. Chicken, Ribs and Beef Ballpark Frank. 


We set the grill up to smoke at first. You can see the chain of charcoal. The pan of apple juice is in there to keep the meats moist. 





We ran this temp during the smoking, which was 3 hours. The reason, why so short. Jeanne wanted a smoke taste but barbecue favor. 


After smoking the meats, it was time to just pile the charcoal up for a nice fire. Plus, just used orange tree branches to give it a favor. Now I can cook my hot dogs, too. 


I guess everything is ready to eat? The ribs needed a little more time, so Jeanne put them in the oven inside. 


Now this is a feast. Devil Eggs, Cowboy Beans, Coleslaw and Potato Salad. Jeanne needed to make her own Bar-B-Q sauce. 
We ate the chicken, and all the fixings. The ribs will be later on. Jake, (Jeanne's son) stopped by later on this day and sat and had some Bar-B-Q plus all the fixings. We got some what caught up on all that has been going on. 
Folks, my dad every year had a cookout, for our family. That was on the Sunday before Memeorial Day itself. That way, the family could recover after eating and drinking beer all day. I can look back then it was a wonderful time to see them all. I wrote (TEXT) to my family on Memeorial Day and most of all of them remarked about how much fun they had back then. 
Back then times seams so much better. It was a slower time period. We thought family was the most important thing to do. GET TOGETEHR AND JUST HANGING OUT. 
Now we have Facebook, texting and all other social media. 
The sad part is, that I text my family a Happy Memeorial Day. Plus, I look back and remember now, I was the first to text anyone. Then after a few back and forth, we were done. 
Wow, it was not early in the morning, but 12:24 pm.
Maybe we are TOOO BUSY???? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...