Saturday, December 15, 2012

This is my Newsletter for the year end report. Sorry the pictures didn't come through.



Merry Christmas and wishing for a Happy New Year
From Kevin and Tom Schafer

Yes another year is about to pass. I have been looking back to all that has happened in my life this last year. It just blows me away how I have been blessed in so many ways. I am not one to write a newsletter every once a month or even twice a year. I use my blog for pretty much everything I do here. This way you are inform the day or the day after on what has been going on here in my life. The address of my blog is: http://tombahamas.blogspot.com Please when you get a chance to go and look at it and see so much more. Plus look at www.alcbahamas.org
If have not heard about my life until today. Here goes.
I have been here in New Providence, (Nassau) Bahamas. It has been now 7 plus years. (2005)
During this time I have been the over seer of the ALC Camp and ALC Maintenance.
As the Camp guy, I have been very much blessed by showing people around this island and just getting the time to spend with them.
Now as the maintenance guy, that has been fun too. We have many things that break and need repair pretty much every day of the week. But by His grace I have had a chance and even a privage to fix most things. Like I said before, it is an honor to be called the guy that fixings tings.
As of a couple of years ago, I have brought in a young man to live with me, at the Camp. His name is Kevin. He is 17 years old now. When I meet him as a neighbor, 6 years ago. His mom has 6 girls and him. I saw how God was working in my life with him. So two summer ago. I asked him if he would like to move in at the Camp? Then I asked his mom. She said, that would be great. So during this time he has been transferred to a school around the corner. (C.V.Bethley) he now is in 12th grade. As for him living here, he as some work projects and chores too. It really has been a lot of fun to have him here. He is very well behaved and well manner too. 
As I close out this year. I just would like to share one more thing with you. I have been a missionary here. I am not allowed to take a job. So we live on support of others. I would love to hear from you and if God has tugged on your heart to support us. Please look at the web page below and check out my site there. My number is 4303. http://www.ssmfi.org/Missionaries.aspx
Plus I would love to hear from you on what has been going on in your life this last year. Folks I love you and look forward in hearing from you. REMEMBER WHY WE HAVE THIS SEASON. JESUS CHRIST BIRTHDAY. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL  
My e mail address is toms@alcbahamas.org love you.                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay we made to Orlando and all checked in and ready to enjoy our time.

It was near the end of the day. So, let's take a bus to Universal City Walk?  It's really neat how they have set this place up. Univ...