Monday, December 10, 2012

This was the church we as a group went yesterday.




Sunday we went to a church that I believe has been a real blessing to me these last two week-ends. Remember last Sunday Kevin and I went to a out side church service? This is that church.in their place.I am sorry to say, I didn't get their name. I just remember LIFE something.
The pastor is in the first picture. His name is Pastor Rolles. He taugth on Luke 15:25 to32. This area of verses is about The story of the lost son. But the pastor talked about the angry older son. It really was a good teaching. Think about the first time you read this. I remember reading it and saying Hey that is not fair? The one that leaves gets back and the dad gives him a party? How can this be, I have stayed and did your work and what ever was needed I did it. The younger son took all that you (father) gave him and wasted it away? Now go to verse #31His father said to him, look dear son, you and I are very close, and everything I have is yours.
Now remember in the beginning, the father gave up every thing to BOTH sons. The older on got 2/3 and the younger one got 1/3. So mean while the older son stayed home and over see everything his dad had, He could have had any thing he wanted. He didn't have to touch his own stuff. he used his dad's stuff plus his dad was with him and they both grew together even more. They had to work together and during those times they spent time together. PLUS think about this, the father called him his son. It is like how God calls us His son. He is not a worker or even a child, but His son. That means God loves us so much to call us HIS SON. We can go to His throne room any time and spend time with HIM.
At the end we had time to spend with the church members and had a nice cup cake. It really was refreshing to hear God's Word the way he did it. We laugh and plus say things when to the pastor during the service.What I am talking about it. The pastor started talking about Valentines Day  I said BE CAREFUL where you are going? He was telling us, that that day was made by woman and that is the day to bring home stuff for them. The reason I said watch what you say was. Here in the Bahamas, is a crazy week before. There are tents every where set up to sell the guys these baskets of stuff for their ladies friends. It really is over whelming all that is for sale in a basket.  You think it was Christmas time during Feb 14th.
 I hope you enjoy my little talk and would love to hear from any one of you out there that read this and say I don't understand or what are you trying to say? Or maybe you enjoyed it.
Please e mail me at toms@alcbahamas.org  Love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...