Monday, February 19, 2018

Had a beautiful ride south on Saturday morning.


Well I stopped at Andi's condo and we had a nice chat. got some what caught up on what we have been doing. The reason I stopped there was. I needed a place for Tim and I to stay the week-end. I called her up, knowing she has given out her place before to missionaries that have stayed in Fort Lauderdale for a short time. So I explained what I think our plans are. She gave me a key and she told me that she would be staying with her son and family. She did tell me that her grand daughter goes to Stoneman Douglas High School. Parkland Shooting. Wow I thought this really hit my home here.At the end of this blog I will explain more about the shooting. 
This really was very nice of her to do this favor for me. So as I left her place, I drove up to Atlantic Blvd. and headed east. 


This is going over the inter coastal. The boats were out this day. 



This is called Pompano Beach. This place there was very little parking left. So I just drove along the looking for a place to just pull over and take some pictures of the beach. 




When I see these signs I just think about the times I ride and are very blessed to have signs like this up. 




By the parking lots being full, I expected this place to be full of folks. 



This inter section is at the east end of Commercial Blvd. The folks were every where. 




Driving along A1A. I saw one of the lifeguard's stations, flags flying. There is a green one and purple one. Now thinking about it as I was driving along. I think the purple is for jelly fish. Later on I went on line and found out it is for jelly fish and sharks. 
This night I was talking with a friend (Keegan) at Calvary and asked about the jelly fish. He told us that the water is full of them these last couple of weeks. 



I am still on A1A. But looking at my clock, thinking I need to get going to the airport a little faster. So I headed west on Sunrise and US 1.




This tunnel goes under the New River that flows from in land out to the ocean. Kinda neat. When Carma (second wife) and I were living in this area back in the 90's I remember the hurricane Andrew was coming in. I remember there was a crew of guys pressure washing this tunnel. It kinda of hit me WHY???? 




As driving along US 1. The traffic was not moving to well. Tim texted me that he is waiting out front of the airport. No problem on my way. 


Got there and picked Tim and we left to go back to Andi's condo. 
Got some what settled in. We left there a had a couple of stops before we got to Calvary Chapel. 


We got to Calvary and got some what caught up with some old friends. We had a chance to talk  with Pastor Ruben. He over sees the Family Ministry. He was telling us that our service tonight will be a little different. The reason of what happen in Parkland Florida. Which I found out Calvary has been trying to help out there, since the shooting that happen on Wednesday. The real sad part is I heard about it and really never thought about it again. Thinking that happen south Florida. Now as the service started it was different and very eye opening too. For me. As I was talking with Andi earlier that day. I found out her grand daughter goes to Stoneman Douglas High School. Wow this really did hit home here. Then listening to Pastor Dung talk about how many students were killed (17) and others wounded. Then he explained what has been going on in this area since Wednesday. It really hit he hard. Parkland as always been known as a beautiful small town and there you would never think any thing like this would ever happen. So this night was very much hitting my heart and just realizing what and how the families are dealing with this. 
It was very much a reminder. this is still my home for them the last many years. 
So folks PLEASE KEEP THIS SCHOOL AND FAMILIES IN YOUR PRAYERS.
Please remember WHO is on the Throne. JESUS OUR LORD. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...