Sunday, February 04, 2018

This is our final porch to put up.


As Saturday night we were pretty much ready to finish this up. All there was needed painting the boards that go across. So first thing was just getting them painted and then start putting them up. 



As we were putting these up. We noticed that they really didn't fit as good as the earlier ones we did. The reason was, we made a assembly line. If you look back to Saturdays work. There was four of us. Cutting and priming and just wanting to get the job done. But as we tried to make it look as good as the first ones. It was a little harder work. Tim had to do a little more cutting the angles again. 


At the end it looked okay. But I know it bothered Tim. He always tries to do his best work. specially likes the work to look better, if it is for someone else. That is a true carpenter. 
After getting boards up. 
We took a ride over to the store called Western Hardware. There we picked up a couple of items. Then got home and tried this stuff called Bondo. 


This is really use on repairing cars and trucks fenders an just small dents. It is a filler. But it hardens and you can sand it and then paint over it. 



Remember that pole we had to cut off the top. Well Darren was telling Tim. He has used the bondo to repair wood before. So why not try it out? Instead of caulk and other fillers. So after mixing it up. Tim started spreading it on that pole. It harden and it really worked great. 





Then we used it on the holes of Tim;s porch to see how good it looks. If you look up on the left hand side of this picture, you can see how nice it turned out. 
At the end of the day. We got his neighbors holes filled in and repainted them too. That filler work very well. I have tried using wood fillers before and they really don't do that good of a job as this bondo did. So now I have another item to use to make my jobs even look better. 
At the end it all looked great. 
It really is a joy to work along side someone like Tim and look on and say good job. Folks when I start a job as I keep on plugging along. I sometimes get in a hurry and at the end say, slow down and make it look good. So as I work with Roy. he is the one that looks on and tells me we need a break. He knows how I get and that is what is good about working with someone that cares. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...