Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Tim and I had a chance to go over to Billy's home, on Tuesday evening.


Before I take her back home, to Billy's house. I need to fill her up and even fill up the tires too. There a small leaks in them and I just didn't take the time to repair them. But as I stopped at this Shell station. Here in the Bahamas, they still pump your gas and wash your wind shield too. I am not sure who wrote Billy on the top of the hood? 


Back in the states we are so blessed to be able to make choices on what grade and price. Here you get what they have and their prices are a little higher than ours. 
I got back home here and our price was around $2.44 a gallon. 


As you pull up and look, that is correct, Billy and his family live in a castle. I am not sure when they bought this. I know while I was living at the ALC, they were here already. Well back then there was a couple of students from Ranfurly Children Home. Ranfurly is like for the high school aged children. That don;t have any other place to live. So back a while Billy and his wife open their doors for the ones that turned 18 of age. As the rules of Runfurly are, you need to find some where else to live after 18. 



As I walk to the back of the property I just look on and say wow, this place is huge. I think they have 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, or something like that? 


Hey they are really trying to bring in folks that help work on different projects here and the church.I know during the summer VBS, they use this place for one week, just bring in Bahamian children and spend the day playing swimming and just having some fun. Plus I know during other times, there are groups here that come to help out at the church and other places. 
This volley ball court was built by one or two different groups that came one year.  







 All I can say is WHAT A VIEW?




These are the Slater's I am very blessed to be able to call them my family. I have stayed here a coupe of times and they welcome me back too. That is the neat ting. 
Well as this is my final night here in the Bahamas. I am so happy to be able to spend it with them. They have been gone for a while, back in the states. So I was not sure if I would be able to see them on this trip. But by God's grace I did and I am very happy to see how big the their children have grown. 
Billy is the one that bought my truck from another couple Bob and Judy. They are the ones that bought it from me when I left in 2016. 
So he has told me many times, I am always welcome to use it. Thank you very much Billy and look forward in seeing you guys this summer sometime. 
\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...