Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Started a small project, not knowing it was a BIG ONE.




This gate here has been here for a while or so? Mr. Corrnet was showing me his new office and asked if I could make this gate look better? Looking at it and told him sure. Let me look around and see what I can do? 


You can see that the screws are not holding to good? What they used to make this gate was cardboard. Then threw a piece of cloth over it and stapled it in. So I took it down and started building a nice gate for him. 


I went out and bought some materials. and started building it. Thinking I need to make is well built. So I a piece of Wayne's coating. Stapled the cardboard they had already together. Then I put 2" x 1" boards around and made a frame to make it strong. Then put molding around the edges to make it look good. 
I built it and looked at it and thought, this is going to be too heavy? I asked Mr. Corrnet to take a look at it. Yes to heavy for a gate. 
Okay now what should I do? I took the one side or framing off. 



I made the gate to long too. So I had to cut about a 1" off on end to fit in the space it was going. 



I built this here at the school thinking, a piece of cake. One day no problem at all. 
Okay that is very far from the truth. I took the gate home to paint it. 



I put the hinges on and the mounting board hold it in place. Put it back into my truck and helped Jeanne do a couple of things around the classroom. Then went back over to Mr. Corrnet office and mounted it on the wall. 



I think it is looking good. I ask Jeanne to come over ad help mount it to the wall and see what happens. 
She didn't like the way it looked. She wants us to come back on Saturday and sanded it and make it look great. 
So now it is Saturday the 14th. I loaded up the tools and we got over here around 11am. 


My baby starts sanding the gate and what ever else is needed to make it look great. 




Not sure what time we left, but I know I was tried and she was too. It is looking pretty good. The sanding is done and now we need to come back on Sunday, after church and finish this up. 


So after church we got there around 11am and started painting everything. We needed to do a little more sanding here and there. But after a few hours it was looking great and Jeanne was saying that it has a passing grade NOW. 


Finished the mounting bracket and did a couple of stop painting here and there. 
FINISHED AT LAST. 


Jeanne was very happy how it turned out and told me, it is finished. 
Mean while I had to hang a blind in Mr. Corrnet's office. 


Now we are done and time to go home. I think it was after 5pm when we left there? 
Hey my little girl is happy with it and I will know for sure that is all that matters. 
She saw Mr. Corrnet on Monday and he likes it. 
Folks sometimes I do finish woodwork and just want to make is look good and move on? 
I really don't have the patience to deal with it. 
Over all I am very happy to walk away and knowing my baby likes it and she is very proud of it. 
I am not sure about you, but I am very blessed to have a wonderful woman in my life that cares about my work and hers'. So please thank you wife today for her gifts of love and willingness to share her life with YOU. 
Praise HIM all day long.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...