Friday, October 02, 2015

This was Tuesday morning at The Adventure Learning Centre


These folks are my friends and family. I asked to take a picture after devotions and Mitch was so kind to do it for us, this way no one was out of the picture except Miss Eldroa. She came in about two minutes later. 


Tim and other built this storage area, it is behind where the weights use to be stored. Now it is a great place to store lumber and paints and all kinds of stuff that they don't use everyday.  



This is the new bird area. Use to be Golddust's area and then was the pecocks place. 


I was told that they had 100 birds brought in and 80 of made it here. 



It really is neat to see these guys out of there cages. When we first got them, they would not come out of their wooden boxes to see above, during the day. But now they are really enjoying their freedom and just so nice to see them. 



This is Rue. She has been here for many years and she is the high light for most kids to see her. 


These are the cages that Blez built while here, maybe 4 years ago? 


Felx is still hanging around. She even came up to me like Hi Tom.



This was the new area for Jesaica my young raccoon I had as a pet a while back. Has I took care of her, I did some research on, if they are good pets. The stories I read about that were not to favor in trusting in them. They have bitten and even found out they carry rabies.So I gave her to the ALC. I am sorry to say that they had to give her away again. The reason was sh was not behaving well at all. She would jump on the people feeding her and that scared them. 



There are now four (4) snakes in this cage. While I was here, King was over 7 foot long and Charlite was 6' 8" Not sure how long they are now. 


This is Tim and Patrick. Tim is the one that comes over every Tuesday to help out at ALC. Patrick took over the Maintenance Guy.




I look around and say wow, how I miss being here and just know all the stuff that goes on here. 
This was on last nights report. 

OKAY, what is going on with the storm out there? As we watch and Weather Channel it looks like we at Nassau are getting hit hard. But it is the islands below us that is happening to. The storm is only moving 3 mile a hour now. So it is sitting on these small islands just hammering away. As they are telling us the storm is to make a shape turn towards the north just before it comes our way. By God's Grace I pray they are correct. The reason I say that is every one around here is saying no big problem. It will go away and don't have to do any thing. As of yesterday at the All Saints Camp we did put up shutters on the new building and believe all will be okay up there. As Tim and I went over to ALC to fill up the water bottles, heard that Bob and Patrick was out buying ply wood. I am not sure if they did anything after that. But ad least they are trying. 
So if you think of the Bahamians PLEASE PRAY FOR THE ONES THAT ARE GETTING HIT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...