Sunday, June 11, 2017

Still driving south, on the west coast.


Okay this is Thursday afternoon. We did some stopping here and there. Our plan was to get some good Mexican food. Well as Don looks at this app, called Yelp. It told him about this 3 or maybe 4 star restaurant in Fort Meyers. So we stop and walked in the there,and there was no one else in the place. (It was dinner time)Well lets try any way. Now I didn't take a picture of the place I am talking about now. But we asked for a couple of waters. The guy comes out with bottled water. Okay I guess? Oh I forgot to tell you we did stop and buy a case of water at Walmart.($3.18 a case of 24) Okay now talking with the guy, asked about this and that food things. Don loves to talk Spanish and he had a chance here. So we order our food. Maybe 6 to 8 minutes later the guy, really a kid. Comes out and said sorry they don't have what we ordered. So I asked for something else. No sorry don't have. Okay I guess we need to move on to another place? So the kid gives us a bill for $3.18 for two waters. WHAT? We pay and walk out and just shook our heads and say. They didn't have this or that and then still charge us for two waters? 
Okay Don goes on Yelp and finds another about ten minutes away. 
This is the place, above. Walk in and need to order at the counter. Didn't see any tacos on the menu. So we ask and the girls tells us there is a sign outside about tacos. 
Okay enough, we order and brought our own waters in with us. We ate and it was nothing to write about. It was okay. 





There was no price for the tacos on the menu or sign We got a taco salad. 
Left and found a hotel. On another app. Got there and found out afterwards, no POOL. That was after we got our bags and went up to the room and I used the bathroom. Thinking maybe we need to find another hotel? Okay we are here and lets just stay. 



We slept pretty good. The drapes were really dark and tight. No light came thru. Okay time to find a McDoulds. and get down to Sanibel Island. 
Driving along and just enjoying the sites. 


Don has a family member that stays at this one place, called Sanibel Arms, each year. So we stopped by the office and checked it out. 


They give these ice scrapers away to any one that wants one. I really though that was a neat idea. Just thinking, I live in the north and I am cleaning the ice off of my car and seeing the name Sanibel Arms. WHY AM I LIVING IN THIS COLD WEATHER????
I really thought it was neat way to sell Sanibel Arms. 




This is Sanibel Island beaches. The sand is still white but look at all the shells. I remember coming here many years ago. My dad use to have a time share. As you have this time share, you can stay at any other time share place, in exchange for the one you own. 
So one year my dad thought, lets try the west coast. Which we did and it was okay, but as I woke up then. I walked on the beach and saw hundreds of Sand Dollars all over the beach. So as we walked alone the beach I kept thinking, maybe I will find one again? I talked with a guy that lives there. I asked about the Sand Dollars? He told me there are seasons for them to come to shore. Oh well. So we found a couple of chairs and a umbrella and stayed there for a while and even went swimming. The water was warm and just really comforting. 
I got a little to much sun, but all went well. We hung out and rode around here and there and had some fun. 
Our time was winding down. I will share about this fun ride we took, tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...