Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What happen on Sunday?



I was talking with Don and I really thought going to Archie's for church would be a neat experience, he might really like.
I have talked about Archie's before with him. He told me that would be okay. We even talked about having breakfast there. But after getting there I really was not that hungry. They have coffee and donuts for free, thinking I would be happy with a couple of donuts and coffee. 
So after the service, we started out driving along the Indian River Road, south. We talked about going out for breakfast at Mickey's restaurant. Which is south of us. While driving along, I was showing him different homes and just enjoying the view. But I drove right pass the road I wanted, Midway. So we drove a little longer than planned. But we got there and had a nice meal. After wards our plan was to be at the Navy Seal's Museum at 12:00 noon. The reason it is only open from noon to 4pm on Sundays. 
Okay got there about ten minutes later than planned. But it was worth the trip. 



Okay why are we at the Navy Seal's Museum? Well the night before Don and I went out for dinner and meet this guy here, His name is Will and he volunteers here each Sunday. He is the one that told us that the hours are different during Sunday. Plus it is worth the $10.00.
We got there and Will showed us around and explained how and why this place is here. Plus he was stopping by every once and while to make sure we are understanding the different displays and just the history of the place. 




I was here on Memorial Day. I wrote about being here then. So I had a idea about the different things to see. But as out rime was winding down. Don did see the inside, but no that grounds. Maybe next time he comes down to visit we can do that? 
Okay after seeing a video about why and what the Seals do. The time was up. So as we were walking out. This monument for the Silver Star. Which seeing this is what this place is all about.Saving others lives for our country. 



Okay as our day was winding down, we rode over to the guest pool and just hung out for a little. That evening we went out for dinner at Chubby's Restaurant. It is only 1 mile away from my home. 
Had a great sandwich and came home and planned on our next day, what to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...