Saturday, August 11, 2018

Folks this was a half hour job, I thought? Friday morning.


This is Joe's house. he wants me to run a pipe from here to the other side of his house. Going under it. I thinking, there is a hose already there. Buy 3/4 PVC pipe glue it together and  pull it under the house. Piece of cake? 
I went to Home Depot on Thursday afternoon to get the parts I needed. I bought the PVC pipe, 90's street 90, and the facet. Piece of cake. I start to put the pipe together.
 OKAY WHERE IS THE COUPLERS.
 Not sure how I could forget them? Oh well. Hey I will see if the drug store has them? That correct,the Butterfield's Drug Store? The reason I say all that is when I came back from Home Depot I stopped there to see how things are going? Hey about two weeks ago, I was in there and they told me that they are going to carry hard ward things.  









Okay they had the couplers. I was very happy I didn't have to drive all the way to Home Depot. 34 miles round trip. 
Got back to Joe's house and tried to turn the water off. The valve's handle was broken off. I got out a pair of channel locks and tried to turn it off. It would not shut all the way off. Okay NOW WHAT? The glue I use was some what jellied. So I didn't want to take a chance. I know Home Depot carries these special fittings. So guess what I had to do. Still drive to Home Depot again. Now I have not checked at the drug store, they might have them??? But I know Home Depot does. 





I have not used these before. but what the heck let's try it. I had everything ready to go. I turned the water off as much as I could. Cut the pipe an snapped this T in and it works. The T was cheaper than I thought it would be. $2.79. 

I even bought new glue and the stuff they call Blue Glue. This works on live water lines. I used it once or twice so far an works great. But it was some what jellied. Hey why take a chance for $2.79? I even used the Blue Glue here to make sure. 





I turned the water on and no leaks and all is well. Folks I am so happy to get these half hour jobs and then what? I don't think there are half hour jobs??? 
Today is Saturday and I am going to the movies. Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...