Saturday, August 18, 2018

Got a call about a toilet that is leaking.



Yes a toilet we put in a couple of weeks ago. This is Neil's home. On Tuesday night I got a call that his toilet is leaking. Thinking okay I will take a look in the morning. He called back and told me that I need to bring a wet vac. Wow this is not a small leak? So that night I went over to take a look. Mean while the cleaning lady shut the water off at the toilet. I got there and the floor was wet and the carpet too. So I looked and saw the tank blots were loose. So I tighten them up some more. It took a couple of minutes to make sure the leak has stopped. Which it did. I put a piece of paper towel under the tank. I will come back on Wednesday morning. to see? 
Mean while used the vac to pick up the water the best it could. I got the vac from Jimmy, my neighbor. 




This was the leak after tightening the tank bolts a lot. But I waited, an tighten a little more an it stopped. 




While cleaning the water up. I kept hearing water running. Then I noticed the fish tank. what a relieve. I came back on Wednesday and checked it out. All is well. So I used the hair drier on the carpet and it seems to be much drier now. 


It really is funny how this was not leaking and then it was? Now another thing is maybe Neil didn't notice the leak? The house cleaner came in and told him? 
Hey a leak is a leak and there is no reason there should be one. It was a brand new toilet and I guess we didn't tighten the tank bolts enough? 
We usually buy a Delta Toilet. But this time thinking Neil is a big guy, maybe buy a little bit better one. Which we did and I will be going back and buying Delta ones from now on. 
Hey am so happy that was the problem, I was thinking maybe the wax ring is leaking from under it? 
Like I said praise HIM all is well again. 
Today I will be picking up my neighbors at the West Palm Beach Airport this evening. 
Don't have any jobs lined up,yet? But I know He will provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...