Friday, July 09, 2021

This job took three days. Started on Tuesday morning and finished up on Thursday afternoon.


On Tuesday of this last week. I (Roy is on vacation) put up some verticals. I took me a couple of tries to get it correct. 
There were curtains over the top of the blinds he already had up. So the verticals I was putting up were a little taller than to old ones. So I had to raised the hooks up to make it work. 


At the end all went well. It did take me a few hours to get the back bedroom done. But it looks great and Gary is very happy to see it is done. 
Now I will be back the net day to do the ones in the front living room. 





So on Wednesday morning Roy (came back to work on Wednesday) and I got there and started working. I asked Roy to take down the screen doors in the patio and I would work on the verticals in the front living room. 


Got the verticals up and looking good. Mean while Roy got the screen doors down and ready to start putting up some new ones. I meet Gary at Home Depot that morning and picked up two white screen doors and brought them back to his house. 


Open one up and started to figure out how to put them together? Okay how hard can this be? There are two screen doors to hang up and walk away? 
Well as we started up, we got the frame mounted to the door and hung it up.


Now came a couple of problems, the lock that goes into the door would not line up. So I had to make the whole even bigger that the plans showed. But after about a hour or so. got the lock to lock. Then these doors have a screen built in the top of the door. So all you need to do is pull the handle down and the window sides down the screen come and covers the area where the window was. Okay after we got the door hung. Gary came out and pulled down on the screen handle and the window let go and fell down and the screen stayed up. Problem two. 





So we talked and Gary said let us take these back and buy some better doors. No problem, sounds great. So we loaded up the doors and dropped off Roy and I started heading home, Now as driving the rains came down heavy. So I pulled over and put a shower curtain over the doors to protect them. I thought maybe I should just take the doors back and deal with it the next day? 
The next day I meet Gary at Home Depot and picked up two new doors (Anderson) Got back to his house, Found out they are the wrong ones. Went back to Home Depot after talking with the manger and making sure they are the correct ones? Got back to Gary's house and started up again. 



Meanwhile we did put the old doors back up, to protect his screen room. Now have to take them back down and start putting these new doors together. 






Everything seemed to go much better and first door is up. Two hours to do that one. Then we have one more to do in back of the screen room. Got them both up and working great an Gary was very happy for that and he paid us and the next screen doors we do, going to ask for a lot more money. 
Folks sometimes when working on things I just want to be fair (price) and get the job done right. I know my prices are on the low side, but the customer is happy it is done correctly and we get a few bucks for our time. If we were not doing some work, what else would be doing? 
All know is MY LORD has given us some skills and wiliness to do it. I am blessed, they are too. 
PRAISE HIM TODAY. 
Oh today is Independence Day in The Bahamas. (JULY 10th 1973) HAPPY BRITHDAY BAHAMAS. 
I wish we could be there to celebrate with them. I know these last two years have taken a toll on them. 
No one is allowed to fly in or out. Everything was suck down. But today things are looking up. I hope they are looking up to OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...