Thursday, December 15, 2022

I have some exciding news, I back home with my new knee joint.


I went into surgery around 11:00 am. Before I went in, my doctor stopped by to let e know, he is planning on putting a new knee joint in there. He did say, there is a very small chance that I still have a infection. So all I wanted to know when I got into recovery. I asked and one of the nurse told me 
YES YOU HAVE A BRAND KNEE. 
Praise the Lord and I am still thanking Him.
Here is my, private room. It sure was nice to stay here. The nurses were very nice and helpful too. Hey I was not aloud to get out of bed without a nurse or someone to watch me. 




Hey did I tell you, I HAVE A BRAND NEW KNEE. 


This was my breakfast on Wednesday morning. It was okay, the pancakes were on the tough side. I used a butte knife to cut them up. But all I did was tear them apart. But still was tasty. 
Right after breakfast, my therapist, Alan came in and we walked around and then sat back down. It really felt a little sore. But I have a knee again. 


This was my lunch for today, Wednesday. Tasty too. 
Meanwhile my nurse was working on getting y paperwork done so I could go home this afternoon. 
I saw my doctor's asst. Alex (I think that was his name) 
He checked my incision, said it is looking good. Now I got home, and Jeanne asked me about the blood under band aid. 


I sat down after I got home and Jeanne took a better look at and told me to ask the nurse that was coming in today to check on how I am doing. 
Jackie stopped by and we sat and talked a little and watched how I walked and just to make sure I was walking correctly and being able to get from here and there. 
We talked about the leaking band aid. She called my doctor and had to leave. Then my therapist came. He looked at the leakage and we was telling him that the band aid is to tie. The reason I say that is, when I bend my knee, it really hurts on top of my knee cap. So I during his time here, Jackie (home nurse called) told me that she will be coming back on Monday to change the band aid. After my therapist left I called my doctor's office an left a message. Asking if we could come in and have them redo the band aid. I have not heard back yet. But prayerfully she will call back today? 
Folks I just want to make sure I am getting the most bending I can get. I don't want to deal with only 90 degrees bend. I want that at 120 degree. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...