Saturday, April 01, 2017

I received a gift from a friend down south.


Back during Christmas time of last year. Jon Bunch a good friend asked me if I wanted a Kayak? I told him sure would. He told me then all I have to do to receive it was come on back down to Fort Lauderdale and pick it up. So since I got the new (old) Range, Roy and took a ride down on Wednesday morning. Got down there and showed Roy around Calvary FTL. 
After wards drove down to down town and picked it up at Jon's friend's home. 
Put it in the truck and brought it back home here. 
Just for the night I put it up on these bins. 


You can see I need to do a little repair. Thinking what is the best thing to do to make sure it doesn't leak and will last for a few years. 
I went on line and watched You Tube videos to see how to repair a kayak. There was three or maybe even four videos on repairing them. Pretty much the three I saw talked about tools from Harbor Freight. So went on line and found this kit. 



It cost $16.99 and it was a great deal for what I need. 


I washed the kayak and ready to rock and roll.


I started out using the plastic that came with the kit. Then as I remember the videos talked about HDPE plastic. So looking around found a bleach bottle. So I added that over the plastic I used form the kit. 




I think it is ready to float, We will see what happens. 
Praise Him I am so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...