Sunday, June 02, 2013

No this is not a river?


Yesterday guess what we got? That right some more rain. There has been a group here on the island that helped us out last Monday and Tuesday. If you go back and see the pictures of cleaning out the cages and working with the sand. That is the group I am talking about. Dan came and picked me up yesterday afternoon, in the van they used while being here.  I meant to take another picture of the group I am talking about. Well this group of students came over to the Bahamas to help out others. Like I said before they helped us out a couple of days. Then they went over to the Children's Emergency Hostel. This is a place that is like a foster home, back in the states. You know family have problems going on. They send the children to a nice home and work the problems out. This home has around 30 children in there. I have written about them before. Well this group would go over and do little work projects and even help the children with their home work from school.Well yesterday driving down a road that goes to Gambier Village, that is the area they stayed at. You can see how flooded the road was. We had to drive through it twice. You know picking them up and taking them to the airport. They got to the airport and they left for the homes back in Florida. I will write about them this week after I get some pictures from them about their trip. Like I said I wish I had taken ad least a group shot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...